Protek oil pan skid

Sugarbear

Will the Evo protek skid for my 2014 work without the rest of the protek skids I don't have the 400 for all of them off the bat was wondering if I can just buy them piece by piece

I believe Eddie is just running the protek skid on both of his JK's.

Yes you can buy just the individual skid and should work independently.

R/
Will

BBG

Will the Evo protek skid for my 2014 work without the rest of the protek skids I don't have the 400 for all of them off the bat was wondering if I can just buy them piece by piece

Yeah your good with just the oil and tranny skids I have all of them and the cross member one makes a lot of noise with exhaust once you hit something with it. You haff ta keep going under and bending it back out

Sent from my SCH-I605 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1395684827143.jpg
    1395684827143.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 261
  • 1395684867771.jpg
    1395684867771.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 261

BBG

This is how I do mine

Attachments

• 1395685242684.jpg
    1395685242684.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 258

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Yes, I have just the oil pan on now. Other parts are in the garage. Just no time to install. But you can run just the oil pan skid. Extra 90 bucks for the tranny skid..

Attachments

• 1395685481123.jpg
    1395685481123.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 252
Yeah your good with just the oil and tranny skids I have all of them and the cross member one makes a lot of noise with exhaust once you hit something with it. You haff ta keep going under and bending it back out

This might help you....

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?9690-EVO-Protek-JK-Cross-member-Skid-Improvement&referrerid=6983

To the OP, the only risk in only doing the engine skid would be bending the ears before you can get the tranny skid mounted.

AZJeepRubicon

Did a search and didnt see an answer so sorry if this question has been covered before, I am looking to get the 3 piece EVO ProTeK Skid set. I have the exhaust spacer that pushed my exhaust back a couple inches so my stock driveshaft would not rub. Will I be able to use these skids? I am planning on getting the JE reel 1350 soon so if needed I can unmodify my exhaust pipe. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Did a searcha nd didnt see an answer so sorry if this question has been covered before, I am looking to get the 3 piece EVO ProTeK Skid set. I have the exhaust spacer that pushed my exhause back a couple inches so my stock driveshaft would not rub. Will I be able to use these skids? I am planning on getting the JE reel 1350 soon so if needed I can unmodify my exhust pipe. Thanks in advance!

No, with spacers you can not use the exhaust skid, it lowers the exhaust below the cross member

http://www.northridge4x4.com/shop/off-road-evolution-jk-12-pentastar-oil-pan-skid-evo-1091-b

Just wanna double check this says for 2012 they haven't changed anything to 2014 to make this not fit right ?

I have it on my 13' and I'm installing a set on a 14' this weekend. I thought the EVO site listed "12+" but can't confirm as there appears to be an issue with either my computer or their site.

Installation of the full Protek kit on a 14' went about as well as it did on my 13'. Oil pan and transmission skids fit perfect, crossmember needed some holes opened. Also both on my 13' and the 14' I just did, I had to grind part of the front lip to keep the exhaust from rattling on the passenger side. All really easy and at the price of the kit have no issue doing.

Buster3479

Oil pan and transmission skids fit perfect, crossmember needed some holes opened.

Same result on my 12'. I burned through a few grinder wheels before getting them opened to where they fit well, but it went ok. Skids work great, but I've already pulled the cross member skid off for a while. I'm having a hard time finding a frame location where I am comfortable keeping the Jeep on jack stands for a few days with it on while I do a full axle, arm, and front end swap this weekend. It gets in the way of where I used to place the jack stands just behind the front LCA mounts.

Top Bottom