Lift Height

leximann

So I have heard a couple horror stories about installing a 2 inch lift into Wranglers. The one that worries me the most is someone said that after they had it professionally installed it was a terribly rough ride, so they upgraded to a 4 inch, and it solved all of their problems, while providing a comfortably smooth ride. Im wondering if it was just the brand lift kit? The one I was looking at was the Rancho 2" Sport System with RS5000 Shocks. Can anyone offer any explanation?

One thing you must understand is ride comfort is very subjective and what one person likes another may not. With that being said I have the EVO 3 inch Plush Ride coils paired with Rancho RS9000 XL adjustable shocks and it rides like the wife's Lexus very smooth. May I suggest finding a couple of members in your area and take a ride in their Jeep. It will give an idea of what you are looking for. You are in the Gainesville area which is not that far from Jacksonville. On 30MAR there is a suds n grub which a couple of us will be at. It would an opportunity to see which lift you like.

Edit: As mentioned in other threads go with the Rancho 7000 series instead of the RS5000. The difference in the shock construction is much better.

R/
Will

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
not sure about horror stories, but i think what you are describing are budget boost kits that use pucks and shock extensions. the rancho uses front springs and pucks on the bac, along with proper bump stops brake line extenders and right length shocks. some brands are rougher than others. such as rough country, skyjacker,ride quality is subjective. some people like plush ride, and some like a firm ride. hope that helps.

not sure about horror stories, but i think what you are describing are budget boost kits that use pucks and shock extensions. the rancho uses front springs and pucks on the bac, along with proper bump stops brake line extenders and right length shocks. some brands are rougher than others. such as rough country, skyjacker,ride quality is subjective. some people like plush ride, and some like a firm ride. hope that helps.

I am old so I like the plush ride. I had a Pro-Comp lift and it was rough as all get out but that is my opinion.

Spartan

Sounds to me like it could be the brand of lift or maybe even poor instal. If the person that your talking about replaced their shocks and or coils when they lifted their Jeep it's more then likely due to the brand. Rancho makes good products from what I hear, and they support this forum. Teraflex makes a good 2.5 Budget Boost, but they don't make good shocks. If you have a Rubicon you can just get shock extensions, and you will be good. If you don't want extensions or don't have a Rubicon. Go with the Rancho 2in with shocks, or if you really want the extra 1/2 in then do the Teraflex 2.5 Budget Boost with Rancho shocks.

leximann

One thing you must understand is ride comfort is very subjective and what one person likes another may not. With that being said I have the EVO 3 inch Plush Ride coils paired with Rancho RS9000 XL adjustable shocks and it rides like the wife's Lexus very smooth. May I suggest finding a couple of members in your area and take a ride in their Jeep. It will give an idea of what you are looking for. You are in the Gainesville area which is not that far from Jacksonville. On 30MAR there is a suds n grub which a couple of us will be at. It would an opportunity to see which lift you like.

Edit: As mentioned in other threads go with the Rancho 7000 series instead of the RS5000. The difference in the shock construction is much better.

R/
Will

Gotcha, I found a Rancho 2" kit with the RS9000XL shocks so Im assuming its worth the extra $100+.
JAX isnt too far North, Ill try and make it, thanks for the tip!

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Gotcha, I found a Rancho 2" kit with the RS9000XL shocks so Im assuming its worth the extra $100+.
JAX isnt too far North, Ill try and make it, thanks for the tip!

try amazon. usually under 400 bucks and 50 dollar rebate with rancho right now:thumb:

Top Bottom