Ace Fenders

CharlieK

Does anyone have these fenders? I've been looking at them, the quality looks good and they come with a life time warranty. My only concern is that there appears to be looks a pretty good gap where the back fenders mount.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not gonna lie, I'm not a fan of steel tube fenders but really, the ones made by ACE are about as fugly as they get. They don't even try to follow the body lines of the JK. If you're really set of getting tube fenders, I might recommend Poison Spyder or GenRight over these.

As a side not about the ACE fenders... they will take a full on car accident and not even dent... they will maybe scratch the powder coat, but thats about it. They might not be the "prettiest"... but they will get the job done for sure. Although I like the PSC gear better myself, for the money, ACE is a good bet. ;)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As a side not about the ACE fenders... they will take a full on car accident and not even dent... they will maybe scratch the powder coat, but thats about it. They might not be the "prettiest"... but they will get the job done for sure. Although I like the PSC gear better myself, for the money, ACE is a good bet. ;)

While I have no doubts that the fender could take the force of a car hit without a dent - how'd the body it was attached to look?

eeftw

And here we go...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I know I have some better pics somewhere but, here's one I found doing a quick Google search. For crying out loud, these fenders look like they were designed on Minecraft...

jeep215.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Pretty good... This was after a 40MPH hit ;)

I call BS. There is no way your fender took a hit at 40 MPH and nothing happened to your body. First off, how much of that hit was on your bumper?? Second, was it more of a sideswipe where you were going 40 MPH too? Please, be real here :rolleyes2:

CharlieK

I'm not dead set on metal ones, not really sure which way I want to go. I want something that is paintable and has good lines. I'm trying to do as much research as I can before I pull the trigger. I have made several mistakes in my build that I ended up redoing.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not dead set on metal ones, not really sure which way I want to go. I want something that is paintable and has good lines. I'm trying to do as much research as I can before I pull the trigger. I have made several mistakes in my build that I ended up redoing.

Any reason why you wouldn't consider just trimming your factory fenders? Looks great when done and is FREE to do.

And here we go...

Right meaning what?

Lets face it... steel is steel... the style is what you're really looking at. ACE gear is heavy duty... as is PSC. Both make a great product. Personally I like PCS better simply because I appreciate the craftsmanship that goes into that product. Having said that, the cost difference can sometimes make ACE more appealing. I'm picking up a used ACE rear bumper this weekend. At some point I'll upgrade it to the PSC, but for now this will work just fine. I have seen both PSC and ACE in person and both are great quality.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a shot of what FREE factory fenders that have been chopped can look like...

main.php

main.php

I call BS. There is no way your fender took a hit at 40 MPH and nothing happened to your body. First off, how much of that hit was on your bumper?? Second, was it more of a sideswipe where you were going 40 MPH too? Please, be real here :rolleyes2:

While that was not my Jeep, You can read about it on the ACE Facebook page. It was posted by the owner... ;) When we had our last JKUR, my wife hit a mini van with the stock bumper at about 30mph and totaled the van and only dented the stock bumper... so its pretty possible.

https://www.facebook.com/aceengineering

CharlieK

Eddie, what did you use to make your edges look like that? Think I'm feeling these free ones after seeing them with that edge.

Top Bottom