Someone should DIY

leximann

Found this idea on Pinterest... How would you suggest making this? Has someone already succeeded? Awesome add-on! 083479de10a7ddd988893d6bbef8147b.jpg

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Yes, I back up to a tree. ;)

Having all of that extra hitch tube just for a hammock seems unnecessary.

leximann

Yes, I back up to a tree. ;)

Having all of that extra hitch tube just for a hammock seems unnecessary.

Tree idea works, just like this for the beach.. I agree it is a bit much, especially if it just sits in the back till it gets used..

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
deff a cool idea if you didn't need all the extra tubing. Even with a few sections it would be a pain to take along, but for a beach trip deff would be nice.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
deff a cool idea if you didn't need all the extra tubing. Even with a few sections it would be a pain to take along, but for a beach trip deff would be nice.

i wonder if a hitch slider support bar could be made for it. just for beach trips like you mentioned

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
i wonder if a hitch slider support bar could be made for it. just for beach trips like you mentioned

that's basically what it is, just extend it up, but I feel it would need to be very long to make the hammock actually work properly since they usually need a minimum distance to hang properly. Unless you used a few diff sizes of square tube and pins that it could slide into itself it could work well, but still be very heavy and a pita to carry along. If you want one steve, I can make it happen tho.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
that's basically what it is, just extend it up, but I feel it would need to be very long to make the hammock actually work properly since they usually need a minimum distance to hang properly. Unless you used a few diff sizes of square tube and pins that it could slide into itself it could work well, but still be very heavy and a pita to carry along. If you want one steve, I can make it happen tho.

yea the different size hammocks would really determin how long that bar would need to be for it to work. great idea but a pain in the ass like you said.

as far as making one im good but thanks! i have a beach chair that i dont use as is :cheesy:

leximann

Thats true, and like you said it would be a bit heavy.. In a perfect world I guess! Im trying the tree method this weekend camping haha

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I found some climbing bolt anchors (see pics if you aren't familiar with them) and started looking for a good place to attach them to the stock rear sport bar. As it turns out, there were already threaded 5/16 holes on the bar. Total cost of project with hangars, bolts, and washers was about $10.50. There is plenty of clearance for the hard top and I don't have a soft top so that isn't an issue. The anchors are perfect for attaching backpacks so they don't bounce around and they are also great as a hanger point for a hammock.

Attachments

• image-2282727297.jpg
    image-2282727297.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 199
  • image-2879736394.jpg
    image-2879736394.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 198
  • image-4116963530.jpg
    image-4116963530.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:

MTG

Caught the Bug
I found some climbing bolt anchors (see pics if you aren't familiar with them) and started looking for a good place to attach them to the stock rear sport bar. As it turns out, there were already threaded 5/16 holes on the bar. Total cost of project with hangars, bolts, and washers was about $10.50. There is plenty of clearance for the hard top and I don't have a soft top so that isn't an issue. The anchors are perfect for attaching backpacks so they don't bounce around and they are also great as a hanger point for a hammock.

Let's get some of these on knuckles. Hammocks are on the list. :thumb:

FrankenJeeper

I have an ENO hammock, and my buddy and I have hung them in between our jeeps multiple times. Here is the website for them. They are real easy to set up and take down and a nice place to relax after a good day on the trails.

http://www.eaglesnestoutfittersinc.com

I have an ENO double nest and love it! I've even been able to hang it I side my JKU with the rear seats folded down and the front seats far forward.

Sent from my Z796C using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom