DIY scissor jack base

turnerbjt

I decided to make my own scissor jack base tonight. It came out pretty nice so I decided to show what I did.

I started with a 2x6 and cut it into three 12 inch pieces, I screwed them together with wood screws, counter sinking them so they would sit tight together.
IMG_9294.jpg IMG_9295.jpg

I then routered a depression that matched the base of the jack on one side of the block, I also rounded the edges of the whole block to make them a little more friendly. And a quick sanding all the way around with the belt sander.
IMG_9292 - Copy.jpg
IMG_9293 - Copy.jpg

It ended up raising the jack about 4 inches. Here is a pic of it under the jeep, with it lifting the tire just off the ground. I'm running 295/70x17s which end up to be like 33s. The jack lifted it just fine without the base, but out on the trail the extra height sometimes is necessary.
IMG_9298.jpg

Now I just have to figure out where I'm going to stow it. If I get ambitious, I'll make another one or rework this one and shape it to fit in the back storage cubby. Or just spend the 50 bucks and buy the AEV one. I just really wanted to make one myself though. I didn't want to spend any more money before my Moab trip coming up in couple days. I bought a 6 foot 2x6 on the way home form work today for just under 5 bucks.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Wow I really like that! Great idea for even everyday road use if you get a flat

Sent from my iPhone

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
Nice work! Seems like you made it from spare wood, screws and wood glue you had laying around, which sounds like it didn’t cost anything which is a huge bonus!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom