Dust shield

Prime

Hey everyone got a question or two first should I keep my dust shield for my brakes? Was told a lot of people take there's off to aid in cleaning mud and debris. Second how can you tell when the wheel hub is about to go?

JKbrick

I took mine off and haven't had any problems. Typically you can hear or feel a hub going bad but if you search it I think somebody said something about the brake rotor moves or doesn't move when you move the tire

jeeeep

Hooked
I jacked up the tire and pulled on it, felt some play. also spun the tire and I could hear the faint sound of bad bearings. I upgraded my axle shafts so I went ahead and replaced ball joints and both hubs because of the mileage I was at. The stock ball joints seemed ok but I didn't want to take everything apart again anytime soon.

Prime

We'll I noticed when I get up around 60 ish there's a little vibration and a hum. Pulled the hub and turned it you can hear what I think is rubbing or no grease in the hub

jeeeep

Hooked
We'll I noticed when I get up around 60 ish there's a little vibration and a hum. Pulled the hub and turned it you can hear what I think is rubbing or no grease in the hub

yea, if it doesn't spin freely or you can feel a grit when spinning it, it's time to replace it

Top Bottom