Extended brake lines...suggestions?

JKUx

Looking to get longer brake lines with my EVO 3 inch lift but I'm wondering if a 3-4 in suggested brake will be sufficient when the suspension is fully extended, ex. When the jeep is on a lift all the brake lines are completely extended with the rear already with drop brackets.
I was looking into the Crown 3-4 in lift lines. Advice appreciated🍺

Looking to get longer brake lines with my EVO 3 inch lift but I'm wondering if a 3-4 in suggested brake will be sufficient when the suspension is fully extended, ex. When the jeep is on a lift all the brake lines are completely extended with the rear already with drop brackets.
I was looking into the Crown 3-4 in lift lines. Advice appreciated🍺

Funny you post this. I ordered new brake line on Thursday evening and they arrived today. My goal is eventual coilovers so I went with the 4-5 inch brake lines, Crown Brake lines.

R/
Will

Sent from my fRuit product using WAL

JKUx

Funny you post this. I ordered new brake line on Thursday evening and they arrived today. My goal is eventual coilovers so I went with the 4-5 inch brake lines, Crown Brake lines.

R/
Will

Thanks for responding I was leaning toward that same length as for future mods too but concerned if it's too long and they get damaged/tangled.

I will let you know in a couple of days after I out mine on. Saturday I am heading to an Off-road park with some buddies from work and will give an additional report.

JKUx

I will let you know in a couple of days after I out mine on. Saturday I am heading to an Off-road park with some buddies from work and will give an additional report.

Wow field test and all...lol! Thanks man and have fun over there!!

JKUx

I am a rookie so it will not get tested quite like Eddie or Mel would test but still going to try.

No worries, rookie here as well. It'll still be a good test as we both have similar setup with front disconnected...

Chattinfarms

I have the ex budget boost and extended brackets and mine are just starting to get tight when discoed and full flex

Sent from the business end of my jeep

JKUx

I have the ex budget boost and extended brackets and mine are just starting to get tight when discoed and full flex

Sent from the business end of my jeep

Same here^^^ So I bought what I could get at the time knowing this would possibly raise a concern, now that I know where I'm at not going to take any chances, plus the right front brake line line/90* metal portion is a bit rusty...

jeeeep

Hooked
I wish they would make a true left and right side brake line - if you notice usually the passenger side, because of the brake line banjo bend, it causes the line to go away from the tire.

The drivers side, having the same banjo bend, turns the cable into the tire.

So I installed new brake lines today. Here is how I routed the brake lines both front and rear.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1396288873.403246.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1396288887.837875.jpg

Had to remove the lower front shock mount bolt to re-route the ASB wires and zip tied it to the new brake line. Road test checked good. Now the field test on Saturday.

R/
Will

Top Bottom