truck-lite x

jeeeep

Hooked
just installed truck-lite led headlights, the lighting is fantastic!! but I can't stand the x pattern, it's more than annoying to me since I have crappy vision. Wish I had done more research on these and picked up on this x-patter. Anyone know how to get rid of the x?

I thought I could adjust it out but there is no horizontal adjustment on the JK ...guess Chrysler decided there was only the need to adjust up and down.

Also, after mounting them I realize I don't care for the flat headlight, I like the dome shape - anyone manage to separate the dome from the stock housing and re-use it? I'm thinking this may also get rid of the x pattern.

I guess if all else fails I'll sale these and get the JWS

cheers :beer:

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
I've also got the trucklites and the x pattern in them bothered me at first but I got use to it. I've adjusted them many times and nothing gets rid of it. I wouldn't recommend trying to seperate the lens from the headlight. Changing the lens wouldn't change the pattern. I've seen the JW speaker lights and I think they are brighter than the trucklites and twice the cost, but I don't care for the projector style lens that they have. I personally like the trucklite look better.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I have had truck lites installed for almost a week or so now and haven't even noticed the x. Even if I did see an x it wouldn't bother me. The lights are so bright! They are amazing

Sent from my iPhone

Cajun JK

I have a 2012 with truck lights also. I had the X also. Someone on the forum did a write up to adjust the horizontal direction on the lights. On the drivers side bottom left is a bolt that you can back out to move them left/right. Same on the passenger side. I also order the replacement adjustment screws from the dealer for $3 each, just never installed them yet. I adjusted mine so the beams almost meet in the front.

jeeeep

Hooked
I have a 2012 with truck lights also. I had the X also. Someone on the forum did a write up to adjust the horizontal direction on the lights. On the drivers side bottom left is a bolt that you can back out to move them left/right. Same on the passenger side. I also order the replacement adjustment screws from the dealer for $3 each, just never installed them yet. I adjusted mine so the beams almost meet in the front.

good to know - thanks :beer:

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
I've had mine for a year. I see the X if it's really dark or I'm driving in thick fog.

I got used to it after a while. I love the headlights, though the oncoming traffic isn't happy that I have them.

-Matt

Top Bottom