JK Hardtop Wiring Harness Question

JKFlyer

Hi...I have a specific question that I couldnt find in a search. So when you remove the hardtop and disconnect the harness, I think it deactivates it all...rear wiper... fluid...etc. ....I suspect BC I was so curious that when I put my soft top on, I had to test the rear washer fluid and it didn't push any liquid out (but did work when hooked up). So this is my assumption...

That said, I got an aftermarket hard top from Wild Boar. I need to hook up the defroster wire to the thicker cyan colored wire in the harness. I did this and sodored it up, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. Also, the rear defroster button does go on and stay on when pushed, but it did before when I had the soft top on and it wasn't connected.

I know its wired and sodored right...so my assumption remains that unless the harness is plugged in, it remains inactive and thus My rear defroster is not working. If I am correct, I would just need to jump or connect one of the wires in the harness to another so it thinks it is connected and the defroster will work.

Does anyone have any insight?

Thx
Mike

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
did you disconnect the ground on the battery before you wired?
did you also tap the ground for the defroster?
when you say you soldered it on - is it now so you can't remove the wild boar and put on the stock top now?

JKFlyer

Hi jeeep

Yes, wild boar only top for now unless I snip the wire which takes 2 seconds. My intentions are to leave it in

Actually it dawned on me to use a volt tester and I saw I was getting juice with button on...so that is good. There are 2 wires coming off back windshield...one from each corner and then they run them through and out on bottom. One black and one black/white. They told me to sodor BOTH to cyan wire on harness but now that I read ur post, I guess one HAS to be the ground wire??

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
usually there is a hot and ground, the factory wires the same way. you may take your meter and check the wiring in the back and call Wild Boar to confirm.

rodgerdathug

It is off subject but still related you take your hard top off the sound system goes down there a trick with some jumper wire to add the sound back some one else can tell you which one to connect since I forgot over winter lol

Living it one day at a time
FTA
WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom