Thread: Rancho 9000xl shocks

Fresh Catch

Rancho 9000xl shocks

Hey guys. I was just curious if anyone is running the Rancho 9000xl shocks on a 2dr sport stock. No lift. I know my best option would be buying the 2" sport kit but I'm not looking to lift my jeep. Any info on this setup would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Knows a Thing or Two suicideking's Avatar
    You should call or email Rancho and ask. I've heard nothing but good things about the 9000. The 7000 is pretty much the same, just not adjustable.

I'm not running the 9000's on my JK. However I did run them on my old '87 Cherokee and I loved them.
    2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport with 3.5"RE lift on 35's. Smittybilt XRC Stinger front bumper and ACE Offroad Pro Series Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier.

Quote Originally Posted by suicideking View Post
    You should call or email Rancho and ask. I've heard nothing but good things about the 9000. The 7000 is pretty much the same, just not adjustable.
    Actually, they're not really the same thing being that the 7000 model is a more modern monotube design. It is a nice all around shock though and one that will provide a good ride. I am running a set on my XJ now and find it them to perform well.

Fresh Catch
    Thanks for the response guys. Living in Chicago I'm just hoping to get the best shock that will provide comfort on these crappy streets. What number do you guys run them on and how soft is the 1 setting?

Quote Originally Posted by Logan1982 View Post
    Thanks for the response guys. Living in Chicago I'm just hoping to get the best shock that will provide comfort on these crappy streets. What number do you guys run them on and how soft is the 1 setting?
    When I was running them, I had mine set to 5 up front and 3 in the rear for daily driving. More like 7 or 8 and the rears up to 5 or 6 when rock crawling.

Fresh Catch
    Thanks Wayoflife. Did you have a lot of gear on your Jeep? Was your DD running heavy or was it like mine(stock setup). Sorry for all the questions. If I do decide going with the Rancho 2" Sport lift would I need ALCA's? I know some people have reported for the 2drs they get 2.75" up front and the 1.75" in the rear.