Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: DynoMax 2012-Up JK Evolution Competition Exhaust System Installation Write-Up

My 2014 has a little drone and a flutter if it shifts at high RPM. The only issue I have is the rattle or buzz I get when decelerating. I'm not sure if the internals of this muffler have came apart after a year or I just have a weird exhaust leak.

DynoMax 2012-Up JK Evolution Competition Exhaust System Installation Write-Up

Quote Originally Posted by samIam007 View Post
    My 2014 has a little drone and a flutter if it shifts at high RPM. The only issue I have is the rattle or buzz I get when decelerating. I'm not sure if the internals of this muffler have came apart after a year or I just have a weird exhaust leak.
    I have their off road exhaust that stops before the rear tire on my 14 jku and experience the same drone and flutter at high rmp shifts. Check your evap because I also have a rattle that came after I installed my exhaust and it is coming from my evap. It sounds like it is coming from the inside. I checked it and have no idea what it can be. Talking to other people who have stock exhaust also complained about the evap rattling. We are all unsure on what's causing the problem.

How is everyone liking this system long term? Is the muffler getting hung on rocks and how is the drone on a 3.8?
    TRU WW Build Thread
    Evo Bolt-on Coilover Suspension
    Elite ProRock XD60/80 Axle-Set
    40” Cooper's on ATX Beadlocks

I like it a lot. There isn't much drone, I only notice it between 2200 to 2600 rpm.

'07 JKUR ... mod'ing never stops...

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StewiesJK View Post
    Well I ended up removing mine recently and put the stock back on. I don't know if it is because it is a 2015 or what but everytime you stayed in the accelerator it sounded horrible at the shift point and the engine ran very rich. The exhaust was coated with black soot. The drone was just horrible when the motor was in the torque band.
    This one does not sound good with the 3.6L. It is loud, and drones at certain rpms. I ran it a while, and ditched it. Like Wayoflife, I now run the Dynomax Quiet Crawler.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I was responding to aTX427's question about how it sounds on a 3.8.

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MattAlpha View Post
    I was responding to aTX427's question about how it sounds on a 3.8.

Yep. I understood that.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

How is the Dynomax Quiet Crawler on the 3.8? I am not crazy about running the tailpipe all the way back. Has anyone cut it off past the muffler like the JK Evolution or does that create drone?
    TRU WW Build Thread
    Evo Bolt-on Coilover Suspension
    Elite ProRock XD60/80 Axle-Set
    40” Cooper's on ATX Beadlocks

Caught the Bug
    Just so everyone knows there is a DynoMax rebate going on till the end of this month... Not promoting RockAuto or anything just they have the DynoMax promotion flyer in easy reach....

http://www.rockauto.com/Images/CurrP..._us_secure.pdf
    NotInStock

2016 Rubi JKU Hard Rock, 3.5" RK X-Factor, Fox Shocks, Dynatrac PR44 Front Axle, ATX Chamber Pros, BFG 35x12.5x17, LOD Destroyer Shorty Bumpers (FR & RR), Warn 8274 Winch.
    Build Thread: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?4...Rubi-Hard-Rock

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021