CB Radio?

BayouJeep

Im looking to buy a CB Radio for my jeep, but don't want to spend over say $100. What is a good one around that price? And which antenna should I get? Thanks!

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Cobra 29 is around that price good radio and you might be able to find it cheaper on Amazon. Also I would recommend firestik

Ray ⛺

tapcola

I have a 29 ltd from a guy off of eBay it was a little more than the 100.00 but it has been tuned up , also recommend the fire stick .

Serg5000

There re many CB radios for around and much less then $100. Just look at ebay or amazon as suggested. Rember that when you get a CB the antenna will have to be tuned so it can work properly and also your CB wont burn up. The Cobra 29 PLX has a built in SWR for tuning. That unit was around $100 when we got one.

As for antennas. The firestick two is the most used because its really easy to tune. However. I metal whip offers longer reach but takes a bit more effort to tune. Firesticks look cool as opposed to a single rod or wire pointing up from a magnetic base.

loscann48

I bought my Cobra 29 LX LE (50th anniversary edition) from a local pawn shop. It was on eBay for $80 as a "buy it now". Didn't want to spend $80 so I called the shoo the next day after the posting expired and was able to get them to agree to $50. Its an awesome radio, bit limited places for an install. I cut the bottom of my center console and mounted it in there.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

kornchip

Just got my cobra 29 and i love it! got it on amazon for 95 i think? after getting all the firestik accessories I think it was around 150$

jkjurny

I have the midland 75-822. I like how it converts to a handheld. It came with the car adapter, 2 battery holders (1 for Alkaline and the other for NiCAD). Good features like dual watch, weather, and transmit power. You can also plug in external speakers.

Jiffy05

I'm using a Uniden 510xl with a 3' firestik II antenna. I got everything except the mount for around $70 and it works well for being on trails. Plus I am not worried about it getting ruined because I didn't spend a small fortune on it.

jkjurny

Recommend you either get a Wilson Flex antenna or the Firestik Heavy Duty spring for the solid firestik antenna. The regular spring is too springy and will end up having the antenna bounce on your top. The Heavy Duty spring is more stiff.

Top Bottom