Horn

JKDriver07

Whenever I press the horn on my JK, it sticks. I'm pretty sure it's just a wiring problem that I can fix, but I don't want to deploy the airbag.
How do I do this without causing the airbag to deploy?

DMF

Whenever I press the horn on my JK, it sticks. I'm pretty sure it's just a wiring problem that I can fix, but I don't want to deploy the airbag.
How do I do this without causing the airbag to deploy?

I have the same issue with mine too. I can't do a courtesy honk. If there is a fix, I like to know also.

Devallee

Whenever I press the horn on my JK, it sticks. I'm pretty sure it's just a wiring problem that I can fix, but I don't want to deploy the airbag. How do I do this without causing the airbag to deploy?

Maybe try the stealership? It's a safety issue for your horn not to function properly, they should fix that no questions asked

txjeeplover

What year is your Jeep? The horn switch for the 2007-2010 steering wheel is separate from the airbag. The horn switch for the 2011-present horn is incorporated in the airbag. You have to do some mild dis-assembly of the unit, but I think that you can purchase the horn switch for the 2011-present apart from the airbag.

As someone stated earlier, you have to disconnect the negative cable of the battery and allow the system to discharge. Then you remove the airbag and replace your horn switch. BTW, removing the airbag for the 2007-2010 JK is a bitch; removing the airbag from the 2011-present JK is super easy.

Rccrwlr

Ok so this thread really caught my eye as it's my last name then I read it. Hope u figure it out

"One only needs to follow those that have been there/done that to learn how to do things proper the first time" BCH

Brankz

I have that too but I really don't care, lol honks for like 30 sec or maybe 25sec and them turns off :) people here hate me hahahahah

JKDriver07

I have a 2007 JK. Maybe I'll try repairing it this weekend. If not, I guess I can always bring it to the dealer.

Top Bottom