EVO owners, Help!

GAJK

I just want to say that I am glad to be a new member here, and have referred to this forum many times in the past for help. But I seriously need some help deciding what to do with my suspension. I have been riding on a "Rough" Country lift and now I know how they chose their name... Anyway, I have a 2007 JKU soft top moderate in weight and have been trying to decide on what suspension to run for the few months. I have been waiting for classes to end so that I can finally have some time to wrench on my jeep. Between working 60+ hours a week and a full class load my time has been severely limited, but enough about that my time is almost here.

I am 99% sure that I am going with EVO's Enforcer setup after many long nights of research. What I don't know is what I am going to do about shocks...
I really would love to pull the trigger on their King 2.0's but I fear they may be a bit stiff on a daily driver.
This fear keeps pushing me towards a good set of adjustable shocks from either King or Fox, but that will severely limit my engine budget.
I've heard so many mixed reviews about the 5100's it is ridiculous, many love them while others find that they are super harsh which is the opposite of what I want.

This JKU is my daily driver, but I also wheel every chance I can get. Many long narrow trails with rocks and ruts as well as miles of washboard dirt roads. What I am really looking for is a setup that will eat up miles of fast washboards, yet still be comfortable on the street. I drive 100+ miles a day. I plan on keeping my stock fenders and have no intentions of going larger than 35's.

Any comments from the owners of EVO spec Kings would be greatly appreciated.
I am also open to other suggestions aside from the Enforcer, I am giving myself a $3000 suspension budget.

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

My fox Shox were $114/ea and I have been really happy with them. I have also read too many mixed reviews about the Bilsteins and that's why I didn't get them, too many negatives. Mine are a lil harsh on small bumps or raised cracks, but I also have no extra weight and my newly acquired 35's absorb some of that as we'll. So I am even happier with them. All other bumps or dips or whoops or whatever they're pretty absorbing and confident inspiring. I had really bad luck with RS9000 on a different rig, but guys here and other JK specific forums seem to be really happy with those. I don't like the idea of a shock that has adjustability and none of it is geared towards my rig. At least my Fox ones are supposedly tuned for "my" JK. I've read a lot of guys loving the EVO spec'd King shocks you can get with the enforcer kits, hopefully one of them chimes in soon for ya! If I were to buy shocks again I would get the Kings from EVO...

GAJK

That really is a killer deal for the Fox's, and I realize that it's never going to be a Cadillac ha. Any one with the Kings?

lostinkorea

Great thread

Hey brother,

Thanks for starting the Thread, exactly what i wanted to ask. I live in Korea and we have a damn Speed Bump every 5 feet and this is exactly what i wanted to know.

Thanks, subscribed.

brandon aka LIK

GAJK

I hate speed bumps ha, over here we just have ungraded dirt roads that go for miles. I can't wait to get out of class so that I can resume installing my new Warn!

My current suspension is going to hate me tomorrow. Who has the Kings?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
The Evo Spec kings are valved to be the best paring with the plush ride coils on the enforcer. if you cant afford the kings then a good second choice is the Rancho RS9000's. if not them then the RS7000's or the bilstein 5100's are nice as well. the best thing about the rancho shocks is that there is currently a rebate going on right now for them.

I basically have the Enforcer 3 inch lift installed on my 11 JKUS. I have paired with the Rancho RS9000 XL shocks and love the ride. You can dial the shocks to fit your ride quality. Prior to the EVO Plush Ride coils I had a 2.5 inch ProComp lift that was horrible and every bump it was like my innards were being moved around. Now it rides almost as nice as the wife's car.

Check out the Rancho threads for their latest deals.
http://wayalife.com/forumdisplay.php?68-Rancho

R/
Will

GAJK

I am really leaning towards the Kings. Coilovers would be nice too, I kind of miss the way my Rad's soaked up the bumps on my old truck. Have to keep my jeep around 3"-3.5" though.

pastorwug

I have the 2.5" King RES shocks and couldn't be happier.
Great ride on my 4" plush springs and a short arm lift.

I will eventually upgrade to the long arm but probably not the Coilovers unless I get a whole bunch more weekends free.

jeeeep

Hooked
I used to run Rancho's and when I bought my JK in 2010 I went with the 5100's on 3.5 lift. the daily ride isn't bad but they seem to ride better when loaded and on washboard I air down otherwise they seem to fade fast at speed.
I plan to switch to the RS9000 after EJS, only thing I didn't like about them was getting the adjustments right, one for daily another for off-road - but once figured out I mark them and just find a good middle setting.

GAJK

I have the 2.5" King RES shocks and couldn't be happier.
Great ride on my 4" plush springs and a short arm lift.

I will eventually upgrade to the long arm but probably not the Coilovers unless I get a whole bunch more weekends free.

Yeah man that's my problem, no free time! I need to convince my boss to get a jeep so that he understands ha.

GAJK

So far it's looking like the Ranchos are better than the Bilsteins, but the Kings are the best? I wonder if anyone is running the adjustable Fox's with the plush ride coils. I would love a set of the adjustable Kings but man are they pricey. The 5160s appear to be a pretty good deal too.

Top Bottom