JeepsterChris build part deux...the new Granite Rubicon Unlimited.

This one's gonna take forever. After a year of owning/building my Deep Cherry Sport, the non-warranty-catastrophic-failure-in-the-middle-of-nowhere-on-a-family-trip fiasco forced mne to trade up to a gorgeous '14 Rubicon Unlimited. Nothing like starting from square 1!!!!

I want to keep the Rubicon wheels and probably end up with 2" or so of lift, 33" tires and wheel spacers...that way I can just keep the dirvetrain stock enough to not screw up my warranty for a while...

I kept my auxillary LED lighting, rubber floor mats, underseat gun vault, and Pro-Link from my old one.

Let the fun begin...

First mini-mods: D2's installed, Wayalife decal applied...

Last edited:

crowrb29

Good luck with the build man, sorry to hear about your other rig but that rubi will be damn capable.

hlax2525

can't wait to see this rig get built up. sucks about your other rig man, love the granite crystal also

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
Bummer about your other rig Chris:grayno:........turn the page and begin anew........looking forward to watching this one grow up.......excellent choice in color sir :thumb:......stay safe.

~Woodrow~

New bumper is here! Getting primed and ready for paint!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1397606136.301818.jpg

Jeepster Chris
...sitting in my Tardis using WAYALIFE time/space app

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
I'm looking at that same bumper myself, but I'm having a hard time deciding between the gusset style and DOM tube style hoop supports. What made you go with the gusset style?

I'm looking at that same bumper myself, but I'm having a hard time deciding between the gusset style and DOM tube style hoop supports. What made you go with the gusset style?

Don't own the brawler lite but IMO, the plate gussets look better. I'm sure the tube gussets are stronger but shouldn't matter too terribly much.

Ok...it's been a year and a half since I've posted...finished the move to AZ, bought a new place, and getting to work on the Granite Rubi! I've recently completed my 50" single row li g HTC bar install, 2.5" Old Man Emu HD suspension (netted me over 3"!) And just the other day finished the install of my new PSC Rockbrawler 2 rear bumper... 20151215_161641.jpg
20151214_144942.jpg
20151213_160141.jpg 20151004_111320.jpg 20151210_161941.jpg

Next up, PSC tube fenders, more armor, etc, etc, etc...

Thanks Woodrow! I've added some small stuff too, like LED rock lights, under seat gun drawer, Truck-Lite LED headlights, Factor 55 Prolink, and my PSC Hi-Lift mount is wrapped and under the tree...wife you says I can't have it til Christmas!

Side note...the welds on the Rockbrawler are some of the best I've ever seen...I think they really stepped up their quality control since that break posted here a while back. Also, I wouldn't hesitate for a second to tow with it (but probably never will have a need), even though PSC says the hithch is for a recover point, not for towing. It is rock solid, and has more solid mounting points than the factory tow hitch. (Well, I added a couple too!)

Well, it's been a while since I had any updates...I haven't done too much lately, but added RR hood latches to remedy my hood flutter, and took a road trip from our place in Queen Creek, AZ to Yuma, up around the Imperial Sand Dunes, around the Salton Sea, up to Disneyland, out to the Santa Monica Pier and back!
20160612_145759.jpg
20160612_130222.jpg
20160612_125817.jpg
I swear I've seen horror movies that start on this road...

Next up, I think I'm gonna put the Banks Intake and exhaust on her, and a programmer. Not that I'm hoping for some grand change, I'm just going to let her breath better in the 120 degree desert! More to come!

Top Bottom