Fender fade

DK'sJK

I'll be trimming my fenders soon and I want them to not have the fade look. Has anyone rhino lined the fenders? How did it look and how did it hold up?

Napalm90

I wouldn't rhino line them, it's looks weird. Mothers back to black works well so I heard

Sent via carrier pigeon

One kid I know plasti dipped his fenders and they looked good for about a month then started to peel.

Yes I read the original post about rhino lining. Just wanted to put out there just in case the thought crossed.

R/
Will

Sent from my fRuit product using WAL

Devallee

I used the rustoleum satin black for plastic rattle can. Just decent prep and spray. Has worked for a while now (about a year or so) and I'm just now getting around to needing to re-paint em cuz a few spots have gotten scratched up and are showing the faded plastic again. Keeps em looking like new for a good period of time and doesn't take much and if you scratch it or something just lightly sand it and spray that spot. Nice and simple :thumb: I'll try to get you some pics as soon as I can

HDGasser

Back to black is good stuff, tire shine, armor all... Keep it parked in doors and that'll save them from fading.

Kavanji

Peanut Butter. rub them with a thin coat of peanut butter and rinse them so the dogs don't eat you fenders. keeps the fenders nice much longer than any of the expensive brand name products.

budmanm3

Line x looks pretty cool, my buddy did his that way

Sent from my SGH-M919 using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Peanut Butter. rub them with a thin coat of peanut butter and rinse them so the dogs don't eat you fenders. keeps the fenders nice much longer than any of the expensive brand name products.

Might as well just use oil. And where I live I can get a can of tire shine for less then $5 and it'll cover almost the whole jeep. A can of peanut butter to do that is the same or more. I'd rather use tire shine.

pastorwug

Sorry but that's the craziest thing I've ever heard!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

09blackruby

Haha... I'm sure this probably does work. My neighbors already think I'm crazy due to all the $ and time I spend on my Jeep. Can't imagine what they would say if they caught me spreading peanut butter on it..

Ldogg

Back to black is what I use and it works well. I put it on the mirror, rubi rails and door handles. I have even used it on my hard top. The only issue is it will fade out after a month or so, and you have to re apply. Not really that big a deal but keep that in mind. It's like $6 bux and one bottle will last several applications. Get a tire shine sponge applicator, it make it easy to apply.

Ldogg

Hit mine today with the mothers back to black. You can see how yellow/grey they were before.

Before
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1397004197.173920.jpg

After
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1397004157.672422.jpg

Rccrwlr

303 protectant. Doesn't attract the dust like the others
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1397014832.762542.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1397014870.129788.jpg

"One only needs to follow those that have been there/done that to learn how to do things proper the first time" BCH

Top Bottom