Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ARB Refrigerator/Freezer

Nothing but a Thing sean.m.adams33's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MTG View Post
    Put it in jeep. Secure with ratchet straps.
    Sweet. Didn't know if anyone was getting crazy with it. Ratchet straps it is.

Quote Originally Posted by sean.m.adams33 View Post
    Sweet. Didn't know if anyone was getting crazy with it. Ratchet straps it is.
    A lot of people do. ARB makes a nice slide out system for the back. They also make specific tie down straps for the cooler. I've seen slide out racks for trunk decks that then drop down to waist height with slide out cutting boards. Just depends on what you want to spend.

Yup, you can use straps to hold it down, which works well or more elaborate setups.

I tend to do just a little more

ARB Slide Out with Hold Down Straps with a Dedicated Power Source, installed into the Sub-Box

Quote Originally Posted by RodCyn View Post
    Yup, you can use straps to hold it down, which works well or more elaborate setups.

ARB Slide Out with Hold Down Straps with a Dedicated Power Source, installed into the Sub-Box

That's a nice setup!

Nothing but a Thing sean.m.adams33's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RodCyn View Post

That's a pretty serious setup. Way more than just ratchet straps. Think I'm just gonna go with the straps.

Reviving this to see what sizes people are running? There are at least 4 by my count - 37/50/63/82qt. Any people get a smaller and wish they would have gotten larger? Vice versa?

Also, has anyone looked at other brands like Dometic? ARB is the only brand I see people running, but occasionally I see some others like Engel. Curious if anyone has experience with any of them.
    Last edited by H8ROADS; 12-28-2015 at 01:54 AM.

/VVVVVVVVVV\ Denver, CO - Mile High City /VVVVVVVVVVV\

Denver Mile High Meetup Thread
    Follow me on twitter @jackwmc4

Been Around the Block jkbarnett's Avatar
    Pretty happy with my 37qt in my 2dr JK. I restock in the morning with my beverages.

Quote Originally Posted by H8ROADS View Post
    Reviving this to see what sizes people are running? There are at least 4 by my count - 37/50/63/82qt. Any people get a smaller and wish they would have gotten larger? Vice versa?

Also, has anyone looked at other brands like Dometic? ARB is the only brand I see people running, but occasionally I see some others like Engel. Curious if anyone has experience with any of them.
    The footprint between the 37 qt and 50 qt are the same. The only difference is approx 3" off the top.
    That being said, if you're not trying to save vertical space, the 50 qt is more efficient as you can place bottles of water in the rear/top compartment, standing up, but can't on the 37.
    Also full bottles of wine fit, standing straight up, in the front of the 50, but not in the 37. This was explained to me by a dealer, prior to my purchase.

The Original Smartass piginajeep's Avatar
    Go with the 50, perfect size for drinks and food for two people
    2012 JK8
    1958 FC170 (Jeep Forward Control)
    1953 M38A1

Quote Originally Posted by piginajeep View Post
    Go with the 50, perfect size for drinks and food for two people
    Good deal, thanks for the heads up. Has anyone tried the larger ones?

Any thoughts on the other brands?

/VVVVVVVVVV\ Denver, CO - Mile High City /VVVVVVVVVVV\

Denver Mile High Meetup Thread
    Follow me on twitter @jackwmc4

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast