Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ARB Refrigerator/Freezer

ARB Refrigerator/Freezer

Thinking of picking this up.

On a 2012 JKU, does it fit perfectly on the driver side with the rear seats up? I'm worried about the bump on the tailgate. All the pictures I've seen have it mounted on the passenger side.

How about in bear country? Do you leave it in the Jeep, or pull it out and into the bear locker? Thanks!

I have an 08 and it fits without issue. The fridge is 28" longish, and the space I have with the seat up is about 30".I'm not sure is the rear dimensions changed in the newer models.
    2008 X

Fit's just fine in the back of my 13. The stock power port back there isn't enough for powering the fridge. Run a dedicated fridge circut like the one ARB sells right to the battery. I wouldn't count on it being bear-proof as it's just a plastic lid and latch.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny View Post
    Fit's just fine in the back of my 13. The stock power port back there isn't enough for powering the fridge. Run a dedicated fridge circut like the one ARB sells right to the battery. I wouldn't count on it being bear-proof as it's just a plastic lid and latch.
    What problems are you having? I run an 80 qt fridge off the stock power port with no problems on my 2012.

Depends on the size you buy. Mine runs great off the power plug up front. I have a 2010 so I installed a plug in the back that goes straight to the battery.

It would work for a little while but I kept getting a flashing red light. Even set the battery monitor cutoff to low and it would still shut off after an hour or so. Ever since I added the ARB fridge wiring loom directly to the battery I haven't had any issues. The wires to the stock 12volt plug in the back are very tiny 16-18 guage.

Nothing but a Thing sean.m.adams33's Avatar
    Really looking in to getting an ARB fridge/freezer, was hoping to see some pics of how people have it mounted and hooked up. Thanks!

In bear country you'll want to put it in an available trailhead box... mainly because you don't want the bear opening your jeep (nevermind the arb) like an anchovies tin to get at your hummus and chapstick.

Serious sierra explorers will enforce a "no eating ANYTHING" in their vehicles. But much like the "...I only have to run faster than you." I tend to rely on "I only have to smell less tasty than the guy in the next site."

Quote Originally Posted by sean.m.adams33 View Post
    Really looking in to getting an ARB fridge/freezer, was hoping to see some pics of how people have it mounted and hooked up. Thanks!
    Put it in jeep. Secure with ratchet straps.

Quote Originally Posted by sean.m.adams33 View Post
    Yeah I don't do anything fancy either put a ratchet on one side handle on side anchor and done

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast