Wave from South Carolina

hedmisten

We were quickly outgrowing our current TJ, and it was a tight fit with our 15 month old son's carseat, and our german shepherd. This led to our search for the perfect rig. I always told myself from CJs and TJs, that JKs were not real jeeps...After trying to make a slew of 2 door Wranglers fit, I needed 4 doors, and this was the option that fit us the best. I've since realized that short of weak front axles and underpowered 3.8L motor, this rig is the best Wrangler i've had so far. I'll fix the motor with RIPP ind help and the axles will be built.

I had 4 requirements:

4 door JKU
Rescue Green(only color I've ever wanted)
6speed(I got 4.10 with LSD too)
1 owner

After searching for months, we made all these happen with some friends over at Orange Bear Motors. The rig had a Garvin wilderness rack on it from the one previous owner.

The trailer it pulls

Previous TJs(been following Eddie since his first small TJ website)

The day we got her.

4 Days later(My wife is a wheeler)

My son, Jase, working hard on all our car/motorcycle builds.

How she currently sits

**Yes, the MT/R K are mounted backwards in the photo. They have since been fixed. 4WP mounted them backwards, but at least reimbursed me when I got them fixed.:beer:

It's a daily driver that has to be family friendly, and can pull the family boat and camping trailer.

Thanks for checking out the start of my build.

904Jeep

Good looking JK and i love your previous TJ's aswell. A note about your MT/R's: the way they were mounted in the photo is actually the correct way, with the left and right side treads facing opposite directions. If you look on your sidewalls just under the "Wrangler" logo you will see "this side inboard" and "this side outboard". I too run the MT/R's and thought they were wrong but it is just the nature of asymmetrical tires.

moorecb3

We were quickly outgrowing our current TJ, and it was a tight fit with our 15 month old son's carseat, and our german shepherd. This led to our search for the perfect rig. I always told myself from CJs and TJs, that JKs were not real jeeps...After trying to make a slew of 2 door Wranglers fit, I needed 4 doors, and this was the option that fit us the best. I've since realized that short of weak front axles and underpowered 3.8L motor, this rig is the best Wrangler i've had so far. I'll fix the motor with RIPP ind help and the axles will be built.

I had 4 requirements:

4 door JKU
Rescue Green(only color I've ever wanted)
6speed(I got 4.10 with LSD too)
1 owner

After searching for months, we made all these happen with some friends over at Orange Bear Motors. The rig had a Garvin wilderness rack on it from the one previous owner.

The trailer it pulls

Previous TJs(been following Eddie since his first small TJ website)

The day we got her.

4 Days later(My wife is a wheeler)

My son, Jase, working hard on all our car/motorcycle builds.

How she currently sits

**Yes, the MT/R K are mounted backwards in the photo. They have since been fixed. 4WP mounted them backwards, but at least reimbursed me when I got them fixed.:beer:

It's a daily driver that has to be family friendly, and can pull the family boat and camping trailer.

Thanks for checking out the start of my build.

Jeep looks good man! I'm from South Carolina as we'll!

hedmisten

Good looking JK and i love your previous TJ's aswell. A note about your MT/R's: the way they were mounted in the photo is actually the correct way, with the left and right side treads facing opposite directions. If you look on your sidewalls just under the "Wrangler" logo you will see "this side inboard" and "this side outboard". I too run the MT/R's and thought they were wrong but it is just the nature of asymmetrical tires.

Mine all had "this side inboard" on the outside of the treads. :) 4wp and discount tire realized the error after my buddy from Goodyear chimed in on a Facebook post of the pic.

Top Bottom