Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Got robbed

The Original Smartass piginajeep's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StrizzyChris

They are in the process of making a law in Ohio that any hidden compartments (like the tuffy) is a felony. Its target is to add charges they can place on drug and gun runners. Sad day when the man puts his nose in your life this much!
    I would guess its illegal to have hidden compartments for the purposes of illegal activity like drug running.

It's kinda like having a bong, possession is not illegal unless the intent is to smoke pot out of it.
    2012 JK8
    1958 FC170 (Jeep Forward Control)
    1953 M38A1

Sorry to hear that man. Makes me nervous considering I leave my jeep outside with the windows off. I figure if someone wants in the plastic window wont stop them. Did you consider filing a claim under home owners? Might be worth it depending on the value of items stolen. Just be glad they left the window. It would have sucked to replace that
    Tony
    2007 Wrangler X 2 Door
    www.warmachines702.com

Yeah, be happy they didnt know that month old windows sell for more on EBay than an iPod and some CDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeraun
    So I've had my JK for about a month now and I've been enjoying every minute of it, however, I figured something was bound to happen to screw with that and so it did. I went outside Saturday morning to leave for work and find that my driver side rear window was zipped off and thrown in to the trunk. Then found that my ipod and cds i had left in the center console were taken. Realizing that leaving that stuff, especially my ipod, in the jeep without locking the console was dumb, I was still and have been since, incredibly annoyed that some junkie crackhead was in my jeep. I only wish i would have caught him in the act so i could teach him that u dont f*ck with someone's JK
    That's sucks I'm sorry. People are shady!

I wonder what constitutes a hidden compartment and what if you put a sticker on your bumper of your rig that said "there is a locked compartment under my drivers seat with a slingshot 2 marbles and a copy of the constitution in it". I wonder if that would be ok under the new law?vlol
    2010 Red Rubicon
    EVO Long Arm
    EVO Front Coilovers
    EVO Lever Rear Coilovers
    Dynatrac Pro Rock 60's Full floater
    ARB Lockers
    RCV Chromolly inner/outers & Front Shaft
    PSC hydraulic ram assist
    Mastercraft Baja RS seats
    J.E. Reel 1350 drive shafts
    ATX Slabs
    Goodyear 40" MTR/Kevlars

Quote Originally Posted by clarsen View Post
    I wonder what constitutes a hidden compartment and what if you put a sticker on your bumper of your rig that said "there is a locked compartment under my drivers seat with a slingshot 2 marbles and a copy of the constitution in it". I wonder if that would be ok under the new law?vlol
    Only if you do not transport the sling shot AND the marbles in the same location in the vehicle. Better put the marbles in the trunk!
    2013 Dune JKU Rubicon <-- Build Thread

37" Nitto Trail Grapplers on 17" ATX Slabs, EVO BO Coilovers Front and Rear, GenRight Rear Tire Carrier, RK Front lower Control Arms, Adams 1310 Front DS, LOD Sliders, DynoMax Comp Exhaust, EVO ProTek Skids, Fender Trim, EVO 1/4 Pounder and stinger, Warn 9.5ti, EVO C-Gussets, AEV Procal, Trektop NX

***Buy Jeep parts Made in the U.S.A.!!!***

I am buying one for under my seat before this passes that is absurd!!!!! I need a place to put my weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Serg5000 View Post
    That sucks. I thought California was a pain in the ass.
    come to Quebec ... you'll enjoy Ca for the rest of your life !!!

sorry to hear about the robbery at least they unzipped the window and not simply cut it with a razor blade
    Cheers !
    The Cheetahs Family ...

Cheetah :
    JK Sahara 2011 4 doors deep green
    lift BDS 3" + Fox 2.0 shocks, quick disconnect + steering shock Fox 2.0
    front bumper XHD, winch 10500 RRidge, rear bump : smitty XRC w tire carrier
    wheels R-Ridge 17", BFGoodrich KO2 35", bushwacker flat fenders
    CAI Rugged Ridge , throttle spacer airaid.
    diff armor teraflex, evap skid Poyson, rock sliders Smittybilt
    JWSpeaker headlights

Been Around the Block
    Quote Originally Posted by Franck View Post
    come to Quebec ... you'll enjoy Ca for the rest of your life !!!

sorry to hear about the robbery at least they unzipped the window and not simply cut it with a razor blade
    Yeah. Idiot cut my window even though door was unlocked. Cut in dash stereo wires after tearing up center console to steal cd player and metal tray that does not eject CDs and faceplate(left in glovebox, my bad)

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisB View Post
    I would guess its illegal to have hidden compartments for the purposes of illegal activity like drug running.

It's kinda like having a bong, possession is not illegal unless the intent is to smoke pot out of it.
    For having a bong you can be charged with posession of paraphernalia, they would probably find a way to work it from that angle

Quote Originally Posted by Toneman View Post
    Sorry to hear that man. Makes me nervous considering I leave my jeep outside with the windows off. I figure if someone wants in the plastic window wont stop them. Did you consider filing a claim under home owners? Might be worth it depending on the value of items stolen. Just be glad they left the window. It would have sucked to replace that
    I leave mine outside topless and doorless all the time, the worst I have encountered was having to chase a squirrel or possum away

Quote Originally Posted by ichthus View Post
    Yeah, be happy they didnt know that month old windows sell for more on EBay than an iPod and some CDs.
    Yeah no joke, taking the windows and door surrounds would have made them more money

Quote Originally Posted by StrizzyChris View Post
    Only if you do not transport the sling shot AND the marbles in the same location in the vehicle. Better put the marbles in the trunk!
    Ah California and their crazy laws. I work for one of those federal agencies which lets me carry concealed where-ever and when-ever I please. Last year I was pulled over for window tint (which was legal for where the car was registered) outside of Indian Wells, at least that was the CHP officers story. When I told the officer I was carrying, even presented him with my credentials he blew a gasket, he said I was carrying concealed illegally, and that I had to have a permit, and to top it off I was carrying an illegal weapon, he then proceeded to tell me he had every right to pull me from the car at gunpoint, slam me to the ground, cuff me and haul me in. I told him that if he felt that was necessary and I was that big of a threat that he should go ahead and do that, but he might want to check with his supervisor first.

Long story short, 4 CHP officers, 2 some kind of sherrif dept and 3 border patrol agents later I was on the road again

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast