Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Got robbed

GetOut

What a Joke! CHP is a joke. They know gun laws as well as they know anything but vehicle codes! THEY DON'T. I got pulled over for doing 81 in a 70, the dude ran my plate and saw the confidentiality. He then proceeded to lecture me how he thinks I feel "entitled" to having tinted windows. I told him to write me for it or stop lecturing me! He didn't and walked away after throwing a tantrum like my 2 year old.

Tuffy safe IS NOT A HIDDEN COMPARTMENT

Hey fellow Jeepers. So I wanted to elaborate on this Ohio law, its nonsense and you cant be charged for placing one in your Center console, glove box, under the seat etc., with an exception. Im a Detective so I’ll tell it straight. Alot of peaple have read excerpts from facebok, jeep sites and the like, but not the actual statute (picture of the excerpt you are looking for included)
    IF AND ONLY IF!, you have ever been charged, found guilty, or pled to drug trafficking, KNI (knowingly and intentionally possessing a narcotic) or PWID (possesses with intent to distribute narcorics) and you add a tuffy safe for lets say, your iphone, ipod ect, you can and will be charged for a hidden compartment. Or, at the time of the stop, drug residues or other factors are found around/in the safe or compartments within the vehicle operators control and reach. If you HAVE NEVER BEEN FOUND GUILTY OR PLED TO THE ABOVE, and are not transporting narcorics, or unlabeled medical controlled substances you are fine! To the adverage cop, and depending on where you live, a safe in a car thats “in plain sight” or discovered with out effort and when no other probable cause exists other than the infraction you were stopped for, (speeding ect) needs a search warrant to be searched, unless other probable cause exists like a drug dog hitting on a car in certain states. Not to say there arnt douche bag cops out there that will attempt to charge you just because, its an easily winable case, as long as your criminal history does not reflect the above.. just to throw it out there, I have a 2012 JK with a center console tuffy safe and I LOVE IT. Holds my off-duty and other valuables with a ton of room and space. Install super easy. With the dope problem, in philly, especially where I live and work, you cant go wrong installing one. Get a good hood lock to replace factory rubbers or the Bolt lock which I have and love and youll be fine, no issues ever with the Jeeps. - be safe
    Attached Images Attached Images

This thread is seven years old.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37” Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5” Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80
    -EVO High Clearance Long Arm
    -Nitto 40” Trail grapplers
    -KMC Machetes
    -JE Reel 1410/1350 Driveshafts
    -Warn CTI 9.5
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

1975 DJ5

Man so sorry to hear that I have a 13JKU and I also have safe under my seat, to carry my “Jeep gun” I only have it for the safety of my kids they won’t access it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123