Got robbed

Aeraun

So I've had my JK for about a month now and I've been enjoying every minute of it, however, I figured something was bound to happen to screw with that and so it did. I went outside Saturday morning to leave for work and find that my driver side rear window was zipped off and thrown in to the trunk. Then found that my ipod and cds i had left in the center console were taken. Realizing that leaving that stuff, especially my ipod, in the jeep without locking the console was dumb, I was still and have been since, incredibly annoyed that some junkie crackhead was in my jeep. I only wish i would have caught him in the act so i could teach him that u dont f*ck with someone's JK

Hell_Fire

Sorry To hear that man, never nice to have your stuff stolen and have your space invaded like that.

MTG

Caught the Bug
That sucks man! Sorry to hear that.

I don't lock my console either, but I leave it and my glove box virtually empty.

StrizzyChris

Tuffy under seat lock box!:thumb:

They are in the process of making a law in Ohio that any hidden compartments (like the tuffy) is a felony. Its target is to add charges they can place on drug and gun runners. Sad day when the man puts his nose in your life this much!

MTG

Caught the Bug
StrizzyChris said:
They are in the process of making a law in Ohio that any hidden compartments (like the tuffy) is a felony. Its target is to add charges they can place on drug and gun runners. Sad day when the man puts his nose in your life this much!

I thought it was to keep the Ohio state football team from sneaking jerseys to their tattoo artists? ;)

Serg5000

StrizzyChris said:

That sucks. I thought California was a pain in the ass.

Aeraun

Im gona look into that lockbox. But even so, im more pist off about have some ass*ole in my jk than about actually having anything stolen. But what can ya do right?

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
StrizzyChris said:

I would guess its illegal to have hidden compartments for the purposes of illegal activity like drug running.

It's kinda like having a bong, possession is not illegal unless the intent is to smoke pot out of it.

Toneman

Sorry to hear that man. Makes me nervous considering I leave my jeep outside with the windows off. I figure if someone wants in the plastic window wont stop them. Did you consider filing a claim under home owners? Might be worth it depending on the value of items stolen. Just be glad they left the window. It would have sucked to replace that

ichthus

Yeah, be happy they didnt know that month old windows sell for more on EBay than an iPod and some CDs.

Rentalkid

Aeraun said:
So I've had my JK for about a month now and I've been enjoying every minute of it, however, I figured something was bound to happen to screw with that and so it did. I went outside Saturday morning to leave for work and find that my driver side rear window was zipped off and thrown in to the trunk. Then found that my ipod and cds i had left in the center console were taken. Realizing that leaving that stuff, especially my ipod, in the jeep without locking the console was dumb, I was still and have been since, incredibly annoyed that some junkie crackhead was in my jeep. I only wish i would have caught him in the act so i could teach him that u dont f*ck with someone's JK

That's sucks I'm sorry. People are shady!

Hightower

I wonder what constitutes a hidden compartment and what if you put a sticker on your bumper of your rig that said "there is a locked compartment under my drivers seat with a slingshot 2 marbles and a copy of the constitution in it". I wonder if that would be ok under the new law?vlol

StrizzyChris

I wonder what constitutes a hidden compartment and what if you put a sticker on your bumper of your rig that said "there is a locked compartment under my drivers seat with a slingshot 2 marbles and a copy of the constitution in it". I wonder if that would be ok under the new law?vlol

Only if you do not transport the sling shot AND the marbles in the same location in the vehicle. Better put the marbles in the trunk! :doh:

Franck

That sucks. I thought California was a pain in the ass.

come to Quebec ... you'll enjoy Ca for the rest of your life !!!:yup:

sorry to hear about the robbery at least they unzipped the window and not simply cut it with a razor blade

naysjp

come to Quebec ... you'll enjoy Ca for the rest of your life !!!:yup:

sorry to hear about the robbery at least they unzipped the window and not simply cut it with a razor blade

Yeah. Idiot cut my window even though door was unlocked. Cut in dash stereo wires after tearing up center console to steal cd player and metal tray that does not eject CDs and faceplate(left in glovebox, my bad)

GetOut

I would guess its illegal to have hidden compartments for the purposes of illegal activity like drug running.

It's kinda like having a bong, possession is not illegal unless the intent is to smoke pot out of it.

For having a bong you can be charged with posession of paraphernalia, they would probably find a way to work it from that angle

Sorry to hear that man. Makes me nervous considering I leave my jeep outside with the windows off. I figure if someone wants in the plastic window wont stop them. Did you consider filing a claim under home owners? Might be worth it depending on the value of items stolen. Just be glad they left the window. It would have sucked to replace that

I leave mine outside topless and doorless all the time, the worst I have encountered was having to chase a squirrel or possum away

Yeah, be happy they didnt know that month old windows sell for more on EBay than an iPod and some CDs.

Yeah no joke, taking the windows and door surrounds would have made them more money

Only if you do not transport the sling shot AND the marbles in the same location in the vehicle. Better put the marbles in the trunk! :doh:

Ah California and their crazy laws. I work for one of those federal agencies which lets me carry concealed where-ever and when-ever I please. Last year I was pulled over for window tint (which was legal for where the car was registered) outside of Indian Wells, at least that was the CHP officers story. When I told the officer I was carrying, even presented him with my credentials he blew a gasket, he said I was carrying concealed illegally, and that I had to have a permit, and to top it off I was carrying an illegal weapon, he then proceeded to tell me he had every right to pull me from the car at gunpoint, slam me to the ground, cuff me and haul me in. I told him that if he felt that was necessary and I was that big of a threat that he should go ahead and do that, but he might want to check with his supervisor first.

Long story short, 4 CHP officers, 2 some kind of sherrif dept and 3 border patrol agents later I was on the road again

Top Bottom