Spring question!

Devallee

Putting on plush rides. This fell off of the top of the spring when I took the old ones off. The old springs are part of the rubicon express lift I have on the jeep. Question is... is this supposed to be there? Or did it come with the lift I have on there? Do I keep it on there or leave it off?

Sent from my Galaxy S37

Landman

I believe it's just an isolator. I've got mine on especially on the rear. Not sure it matters of you wanna keep it on or not.

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

rcdude3

Leave it in. If you remove it, you may get a metal on metal squeak/grind from the contact of the spring and the top spring perch.

wwood

Putting on plush rides. This fell off of the top of the spring when I took the old ones off. The old springs are part of the rubicon express lift I have on the jeep. Question is... is this supposed to be there? Or did it come with the lift I have on there? Do I keep it on there or leave it off?

Sent from my Galaxy S37

That is the factory spring isolator. Should be one on both front and rear springs. Acts as a spacer and prevents metal to metal contact and noise at the body end. Definitely leave it in.

Top Bottom