clicking or ticking sound from front end

rubimonster

Had my JKU regeared about 10000 miles ago to 5.38. Just put on new 37" tires which are much quieter than the worn out 35's I replaced. Now, I'm noticing a clicking or ticking sound which seems to be coming from the front end when driving. I have a slight pinion seal leak at the front axle, my fluid level is fine. My driveshaft is stock but appears ok. I've heard that if a gear job isn't done correctly, they can be noisy. Is this most likey the issue or is it some issue with the front driveshaft I just cant see yet?

Thanks

Christarp

Are you running the stock drive shafts? Your front one may very well be on its way out. Check to see if the rubber boots are intact, and if they aren't then you most likely have something in the CV joint of the shaft which is causing the tick, and if that's the case it's only a matter of time before it fails.

I'd jack it up and put the t-case in neutral and spin the front tires and listen and see if you can hear where it may be coming from. Maybe someone else has another idea.

rubimonster

Are you running the stock drive shafts? Your front one may very well be on its way out. Check to see if the rubber boots are intact, and if they aren't then you most likely have something in the CV joint of the shaft which is causing the tick, and if that's the case it's only a matter of time before it fails.

I'd jack it up and put the t-case in neutral and spin the front tires and listen and see if you can hear where it may be coming from. Maybe someone else has another idea.

Good idea if I find out what's goin on I will pass it on

Top Bottom