Crossmember upgrade. Any advice

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
My factory cross member has taken some hits and its time for a replacement. Any advice experience with heavy duty after market ones?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I think Et has the ProTek now. I too would recommend either the Poison Spyder or OR-Fab cross member. Both are good replacements. I have a Poison Spyder on Moby now and will be installing one on Rubicat as well. I won't go so far as to say that it is "extreme duty" but it will hold up well. The only real problem with an HD cross member is that you will just transfer the load to the weak factory frame mounts. Just be sure to keep an eye out on them as if you keep hitting the trails with me, they will start to crack at these points.

badassbrass

I think Et has the ProTek now. I too would recommend either the Poison Spyder or OR-Fab cross member. Both are good replacements. I have a Poison Spyder on Moby now and will be installing one on Rubicat as well. I won't go so far as to say that it is "extreme duty" but it will hold up well. The only real problem with an HD cross member is that you will just transfer the load to the weak factory frame mounts. Just be sure to keep an eye out on them as if you keep hitting the trails with me, they will start to crack at these points.

Yup!! Advice took in note, thanks!!

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug

Thanks Eddie. Any approaches or recommendations on how to strengthen the mounts?

Top Bottom