Cb radio

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
All the Cobra 29's work well and the new LX is really nice. I have one in our dozer JK now and like how it looks and functions. They only thing I don't like is the weak plastic knobs. While helping Moochie install his, we found the big main one had broke off. Looking at how thin the post it's attached to is, you can see how easy it would be to do. Other than that, I would highly recommend it.

ichthus

The Cobra 29 is fantastic...regardless of specific model. My only gripe has been that a sufficiently long Firestik doesn't clear the garage door.

I'm struggling to decide which model will best work with the new interior. I like the overhead mounting in my 08, but not sure my wife will want such a bulky model in her new Jeep. Not sure where I would mount a Cobra 75 either

Holeshot

Banned
I have a 29 ltd classic, and love it! Sound is great and almonst as clear as on the phone! would have been cool to have weather channel though. Paired to a 48" wilson silverload FLEX, the best offroad antenna IMO. It is so flexible that you can bring both ends together without any fear.

2012-03-31 12.50.00.jpg

kludwig13

wayoflife said:
All the Cobra 29's work well and the new LX is really nice. I have one in our dozer JK now and like how it looks and functions. They only thing I don't like is the weak plastic knobs. While helping Moochie install his, we found the big main one had broke off. Looking at how thin the post it's attached to is, you can see how easy it would be to do. Other than that, I would highly recommend it.

Thanks for the feedback just placed an order so should be arriving by the end of the week!!! Where did you mount it on your dozer???

Serg5000

I have the Cobra 29 LX as well. I installed it with an overhead console from Tuffy. Looks great and functions awesome. The NOAA weather channels are great as well.

Top Bottom