#5 build thread

NV375

SOLD [emoji23]
This was my fifth jeep and the second JK. I have had two YJs a DJ5 and now my second JKU this time a new 2014 JKUR. My last one was a 07JKUX purchased used from a friend with 63k hard miles on it. I learned many things I don't want to do to this one. When we purchased the '14 JKUR in January I had a plan but, I have started to deviate already.

how it rolled off the lot:
2014 WRANGLER UNLIMITED RUBICON 4X4
Bright White W/ Black interior
Trans 5 speed Auto
Optional Equipment
Rubicon Package 24R
A/C
Heated front seats
Premium Black Sunrider Soft Top
Dealer added window tint

How it sat 29DEC2016:
EVO ENFORCER 3"
KING 2.5s Front & Rear shocks
PR44
5.13 Gears
JE Reel 1350 Front Driveshaft
EVO HD Sway Bar Links (rear)
EVO MFG Draglink Flip Kit
EVO MFG Rock Stars
EVO MFG Pro Tek Skid System
EVO Front and Rear Brake lines
EVO MFG JK 1/4 Pounder W/ Stinger
WARN 9.5 PowerPlant™
Cut fenders
EVO REAR BOLT ON D-RING MOUNTS
Truck-lite Headlights
LED front side marker lights
EVO vacuum pump relocation bracket
Cut factory Rubicon rails
17x9 XD Addict
35x12.50R17LT Nitto Trail Grappler
Daystar Hood Wranglers
Daystar GPS dash mount
Yaesu FT-90 (2m-70cm VHF UHF) mounted above the mirror
Uniden 510 CB between center console and passenger seat
DIY tailgate bump stop extensions (1" heater hose)
driver side Tuffy drawer
AEV ProCal
Tow hitch and trailer wiring harness
Mud flaps (to keep the UT LEOs happy)
ARB recovery kit
Survival kit (Misc. first aid, food, water, fire starting and shelter items)

Need/want/wish list
Fire extinguisher mount
J.E. REEL Rear 1350
EVO Rear Tire Carrier
EVO Rock Sliders
Sport Cage
Lockable storage
Dynatrac Semi Float Pro rock 60 Rear axle
Weathertech Floor Liners
ARB Fridge Freezer 50 QT.
17" Slabs
37s

At delivery:
1397502539848.jpg
First modification:
1397502703815.jpg
Time to cut and remove unnecessary plastic before installing the plates.
1397503076043.jpg
1397503200251.jpg
Next the LoD Shorty front bumper:
1397503506990.jpg
I had XD rims and 37s on stock suspension.
1397503716249.jpg
We cut the third brake light off and wired in an LED in the center cap of the spare the previous owner of the rims left for me.
1397503901797.jpg

Last edited:

NV375

1397504441131.jpg
I also removed the factory and dealer decals then added WAL decals.
1397504593179.jpg
This is how it sits today. Yesterday I used the ProCal to set the speedometer. I have more parts waiting for me and my son to install. I have a Rancho 2" sport kit and RS9000 shocks. New bolts for the LoD front bumper.

NV375

I am looking to order the RR C.B. mount and Daystar hood latch kit. I plan on dropping down to 35s and adding C gussets then 5.13s. My goal was a lightweight rig with minimal lift but I have given in I will be adding rails, armor and a tire carrier. I wanted coilovers now thinking EVO enforcer instead. The plan I had at the dealership is fading away. Time to wing it.

NV375

I managed to complete the front suspension with the help of my 16yo son. I still need to install the rear spacers and shocks.

NV375

1398038100323.jpg
I also added factory rear swaybar links to the front. By the time I add the rear coil spacers and a front bumper it should be sitting level. I was not up to tackling the rear this weekend.

NV375

Wow you've come a long way in a short time, looks great!
Thanks. I may be rolling along too fast. I am now concerned about bending the front Cs and needing a front DS. I have been opportunistic and bought parts or upgrades out of sequence. It is almost time for the first oil change.

Looking good! If you spray your wheel wells and pinch seam with some black paint your wheels and tires will pop out that much more.

That is on the to do list. I have the paint I just need a non windy day or to clear out my garage. I want to avoid over spray on the white paint.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Looking good. Curious to see when your done with the back. I never thought I'd see 37's with a 2" lift. Curious on how much trimming on the back. The front looks good!

NV375

Looking good. Curious to see when your done with the back. I never thought I'd see 37's with a 2" lift. Curious on how much trimming on the back. The front looks good!

Thanks.

I ended up with a 3" increase from stock in front and I only have 3/4" spacers, shocks and brake line extensions for the rear. Measuring from the body seam behind the front tire and in front of the rear to the ground I only have 1" difference. I hope a front bumper and winch and finishing the rear will level it out. I do plan to go to 35x12.50r17 Trail Graplers. As it sits now I have more up travel than down travel available. Based on what I measured during the install if I get a front DS I could use the next longer shock and not unseat the coils.

Last edited:

NV375

1398122064727.jpg
Finished the suspension for now. Installed the rear coil spacers, shocks brake line relocation brackets and reworked some of the wiring going to the axle. These clips I bought for a project on my last jeep came in handy for rearranging the wires.
1398121679268.jpg
I took it out for a test drive down the street to a few local landmarks.
1398121989912.jpg
1398122031547.jpg

NV375

Nice! Seems I've seen those landmarks in a video somewhere! :crazyeyes: The few years I lived in NM and we never got to visit Roswell. Still regret that. Rig I looking BadAss by the way! :thumb:

Part 2 of the JKU 2013 video was almost all in my normal traveling area. I will pass these landmarks several times this week and most weeks.

munstie

Great looking Jeep, hope to explore these areas once we are out west...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom