Will this bumper work on 12-14 jk?

Chevy Dave

http://www.extremeterrain.com/rough-country-hybrid-stubby-jk-1059.html?source=igodigital

Ok I know the link is for extreme terrain but the price is right.
The listing says it only fits 07-11 JKs. Is this probably because of the vaccum cannister or are there actual differences in the front of 07-11s and 12+s?
Does anyone know if I order a cannister relocation kit if I can make this work on my 2014? Price is right and it's a cheap way to get a winch capable steel bumper.
Thanks in advance!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Extreme Terrain is a company that has blatantly ripped off my logo and attempted to sell it for profit and when caught, it took a formal cease and desist letter from my attorney to have them pull it from their website. Even at that, they still deny doing anything wrong as you can see below:

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?16432-Extreme-Terrain-Ripping-Off-Project-JK

They may have good deals but they are also a company who has NO integrity and far from being true Jeepers.

Having said all that, yes, you can buy a vacuum canister relocation bracket from EVO.

Jeeper714

I had this same set up on my 2011 JK and added a custom stinger to it. I absolutely love the set up because it's strong but lightweight.

I am ordering the same set up for my 2014 JKR tomorrow. Just need to move the vacuum canister for it to fit on any model above 2012.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1397519256.343861.jpg

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
http://www.extremeterrain.com/rough-country-hybrid-stubby-jk-1059.html?source=igodigital

Ok I know the link is for extreme terrain but the price is right.
The listing says it only fits 07-11 JKs. Is this probably because of the vaccum cannister or are there actual differences in the front of 07-11s and 12+s?
Does anyone know if I order a cannister relocation kit if I can make this work on my 2014? Price is right and it's a cheap way to get a winch capable steel bumper.
Thanks in advance!

Keep in mind there was a slight change to the 2014s which prohibits relocating the canister near the brake booster. Relocation brackets that keep the canister towards the front of the engine compartment or the EVO bracket should work fine. And as mentioned, I wouldn't buy shit from them. Just FYI, its the same price directly from Rough Country.

Chevy Dave

Extreme Terrain is a company that has blatantly ripped off my logo and attempted to sell it for profit and when caught, it took a formal cease and desist letter from my attorney to have them pull it from their website. Even at that, they still deny doing anything wrong as you can see below:

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?16432-Extreme-Terrain-Ripping-Off-Project-JK

They may have good deals but they are also a company who has NO integrity and far from being true Jeepers.

Having said all that, yes, you can buy a vacuum canister relocation bracket from EVO.

My appologies Eddie! I was unaware of the full extent of this issue. I am in no way trying to support such a sham of an opperation. If I order the bumper I will order elsewhere.
Is that all I need to do to make this bumper fit is a reloaction kit?
If the answer is yes feel free to delete this thread, I really did not mean to cause an issue here

Chevy Dave

Keep in mind there was a slight change to the 2014s which prohibits relocating the canister near the brake booster. Relocation brackets that keep the canister towards the front of the engine compartment or the EVO bracket should work fine. And as mentioned, I wouldn't buy shit from them. Just FYI, its the same price directly from Rough Country.

Thanks AAI, you have been a big help with my questions here and in other threads and I do remember the change you noted with the 2014s.
So if I order from RC I just need to get a bracket and this will work?

Last edited:

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I looked into that bumper when I was in the market, but by the time you get the bumper, vacuum bracket, and d ring mounts, the evo 1/4 pounder was 50 bucks more. Rc shipping is high. Good luck with your bumper decision. :thumbup:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
You can buy that bumper on eBay for like $175 but I would make sure it's what you really want. I bought a cheap bumper and replaced it 4 months later with the one I actually wanted. Cheap bumpers are just that, cheap.

Jeeper714

You can go through truckprousa.com and get free shipping. Plus if you call them then they will give you discounts even more so!

Jeeper714

Price wise the bumper is cheap - yes however welds are very clean, the quality is strong as well. I've ran into a few things and only marks I've gotten are in the paint.

Chevy Dave

Thanks guys! Sounds like I need to do more research. I am on a budget so I really just need an affordable steel bumper that is winch capable

HILLZ

I've got a set of the Smittybilt sliders on my 2013 JKU and i couldn't fault the build quality of them welds are nice and powdercoat is good too. but also that is one product out of the many they make so can't speak on the rest of thier range.

Top Bottom