Non-resident trail passes for AZ, Utah?

MNMudder

Planning a 2 week road trip this summer to visit some family and friends out west. I know that I need to purchase a trail pass for South Dakota and I think Colorado. From what I can gather from the AZ website I don't need one as long as I'm registered for OHV use in my home state, please correct me if I'm wrong. The only info that I can find out about Utah all pertains to snowmobiles, atvs, and motorcycles. So, is there a permit or anything I need to purchase to wheel a bit while in Utah? Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.

NAUJK

Do you mean a permit to drive on off road trails? Cuz if yes Arizona doesn't care about anything as long as you are in a licensed vehicle. Colorado is the same. I have never gotten permits For wheeling in Colorado or Arizona. Just don't go through signs that say no trespassing and stay on the road. Sedona Arizona if you park you're supposed to have a red rocks day pass but I've never gotten a ticket down there.

MNMudder

Yes, off-road trails, I'm aware of park passes and such. Yeah AZ website was pretty clear that I should be ok, Utah was really what I was having trouble finding information about.

bman198

For the vast part of AZ you don't need any sort of permit. However I would check online if you know what trails your planning on doing and see if they say anything there. I know that there is an OHV area near Saguaro Lake where you are "supposed" to have one but I don't and have never been bothered. Worst case, pull the out of state card and play dumb! Best of luck.

NAUJK

Yes, off-road trails, I'm aware of park passes and such. Yeah AZ website was pretty clear that I should be ok, Utah was really what I was having trouble finding information about.

As far as I can figure you don't. You Don't need permits in Moab or I've never gotten bothered. Most stuff out west is forest service owned and no permit is needed. We don't charge for wheeling like the east does.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom