Yj engine rebuild

Forever jeep95

Well the 2.5 in my yj has had a knock for a while so today we started the rebuild! We started around 6pm and had the motor out by 730. And by 930 we had the head, pan, and pistons out! The plan for tomorrow since I have the day off is to get the cam and crank out and make sure everything is within specs and start putting it back together. I will have more pictures up soon :)

Attachments

• image-3131268362.jpg
    image-3131268362.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 43
  • image-3095996106.jpg
    image-3095996106.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 51

Forever jeep95

Trail_Creeper said:
Made a lot of progress! How did the measurements turn out?

Haven't had a chance to mic anything yet. We got the crank and cam out today and the cam bearings ( which are kind of a pain in the a$$). The pistons cleaned up really good and look pretty much brand new with hardly any wear on the skirts or anything. The guy i bought it from said the motor had been rebuilt 30000 miles ago but it looks like they just bored the cylinders to .030 over and replaced the pistons. The crank and cam were garbage but I have new ones. I just have to take it and get the cam bearings pressed in and I should be good to go!

Forever jeep95

Slow day today. Got the cam and crank in and all the rod and main bearings checked. Also got the pistons in and the timing chain on! Was hoping to get a little more done so I could just drop it in tomorrow, but I guess that's just how it goes! Just have to put the head, water pump, and manifolds on tomorrow and I should be set!

Attachments

• image-2714315811.jpg
    image-2714315811.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 23

Forever jeep95

No pictures today but the rebuilt motor and new clutch are in! Fired right up and runs like a champ. Got the timing as close as we can till I can get a light sometime tomorrow. Sounds great and everything seems good. Except I do have a freeze plug that's leaking a little so I'll probably have to knock that out and put a new one in but that's no big deal. Now I just have to take it easy for the first 500 miles or so and then it will be time for some much needed wheeling:)

Top Bottom