2015 Wrangler 3.0L Diesel?

Kuhsoy

What is everyone's thoughts of the 3.0L EcoDiesel V6 engine possibly being in the new 2015 Wranglers?
Jeep CEO talks about the new engine being in the Cherokee and will have to see how it productive it is in the market. If it does well it will put more weight on whether Jeep will release the new Wrangler with an EcoDiesel. Jeep is already making Wranglers with EcoDiesels and exporting them. There is no Official decision as of yet.

Of course adding a EcoDiesel would add more to costs of not only the vehicle itself but at the pumps. Will the better mpg of the Ecodiesel outweigh the cost of a premium fuel? If it does come out will the the new power terrain have any issues? For us off-road enthusiasts would a diesel help turn our wheels? I'm all for it.

Ceo Talks about EcoDiesel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjJWauJGI5k

The EcoDiesel is currently getting an estimated 21mpg City and 28mpg Hwy in the new Cherokee

3.0L EcoDiesel V6
240 HP / 420 lbs torque

24VVT 3.6L V6 Pentastar
290 hp / 260 lbs torque

Difference
-50hp / +160 lbs torque

Last edited:

Landman

IF they keep the design relatively the same and the suspension seems worthy... I'll be a buyer especially with my work and the amount if miles I rack up. It would be worth it to me.

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

ghost13

id buy it also im a 100 mile round trip to work and back myself. this would definately save me some fuel cost.

pastorwug

The torque could be amazing.
It doesn't take too much for a diesel engine to really perform.
Now a Turbo-diesel - that would be off the hook! :clap2:

Top Bottom