Beadlocks

bladerunnerJK

I'm looking into getting a set of beadlocks would like to know what you guys think about them and the pros and cons I'm also looking at the DIY kits for beadlocks any info would help

Sent from my ME173X using WAYALIFE mobile app

trailless

Caught the Bug
A DIY kit? Like making a wheel? I feel like that wouldn't be a very good DIY kit.

Anyways, I want bead locks just becuase they look nice. With the research I've done, it seems like bead locks require more maintenance. Such as checking the bolts. Also, you should check each your States law. They may be banned for on road use.

The pros, other than looks, is that it'll be harder to unseat a tire. It allows for you to run very low tire PSI for off road use.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Agreed. If you're looking to convert a wheel into a bead lock, I wouldn't recommend it. That can be quite dangerous.

2trackin

Slabs. Wouldn't run them on a daily driver here in Michigan. They hold water, ice, snow, mud, etc. They are not fun to clean.
That being said, I love mine and wouldn't have it any other way. I love airing down nice a low without so much risk of losing a bead. Did I mention that are are just beastly! They are a very nice looking wheel, and the large lock ring helps protect the nice looking wheel itself. And as time goes on and my lock rings gain more and more rock rash it's kind of prestigious in its own way. It takes the question right out as to if your a mall crawler or not.

bladerunnerJK

Living in Colorado no rules against them and the DIY kit is welding the inner ring to a steel wheel seen a couple people do it and they love them but I haven't seen them up close

Sent from my ME173X using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jerms

1397948487966.jpg 1397948503547.jpg
I wouldn't have it any other way. I like them chewed up too. Shows all the posers around where I live it actually get used :rolleyes:

suicideking

I like the Evo and Trail Ready beadlocks.

There are places that you can send your wheels out to and they will make them into beadlocks. I know someone that had it done. I wouldn't want to do that though because if you ruin one wheel and they don't make them anymore, you're SOL. Even if they do still make the wheel, you'd have to order it and then ship it to the place again. Better to have a wheel that you can order and have it ready when you receive it. Get a popular wheel like the slab and places are likely to have it in stock when you need one.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'd have to agree. I also know a guy who had a professionally converted bead lock wheel explode on him during inflation and hurt him real bad. After that, I would never recommend it.

TNuggs13

I would love to get beadlock a but since my Jeep is my daily driver it would be too much maintenance. I do however have ATX wheels and was wondering if they make the rings to add to a wheel to prevent wheel damage? Do you know if there is a place I could get these Eddie? Going the fake beadlock look for know would be bee for me. ☺️

seanb123

I would love to get beadlock a but since my Jeep is my daily driver it would be too much maintenance. I do however have ATX wheels and was wondering if they make the rings to add to a wheel to prevent wheel damage? Do you know if there is a place I could get these Eddie? Going the fake beadlock look for know would be bee for me. ☺️

The new level 8s are nice fake beadlocks

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I would love to get beadlock a but since my Jeep is my daily driver it would be too much maintenance.

I DD my JK WITH ATX Slabs. I do make a habit of maintaining my Jeep which includes re-torquing suspension components, wheels AND the Slab bolts. Not really a huge deal actually...

I do however have ATX wheels and was wondering if they make the rings to add to a wheel to prevent wheel damage? Do you know if there is a place I could get these Eddie? Going the fake beadlock look for know would be bee for me. ☺️

Some wheels have optional rings, but 98.756834% don't. But those wheels you have look pretty nice and shiny any how ;)

TNuggs13

I DD my JK WITH ATX Slabs. I do make a habit of maintaining my Jeep which includes re-torquing suspension components, wheels AND the Slab bolts. Not really a huge deal actually...

I'm new to Jeeps and learning a lot on here. Hopefully soon I will get all the tools and learn all the components to do my own maintenance and it won't be a big deal then.

Some wheels have optional rings, but 98.756834% don't. But those wheels you have look pretty nice and shiny any how ;)

Just got him washed yesterday and made a huge difference. 😁

36Fan

I have ran Champion and OMF converted beadlocks on aluminum wheels,on daily drivers and desert trucks without a problem. The same wheels were also ran on the short course pro lite truck without any problems. I myself wouldn't do the conversion,but I trust Champion and OMF to do the work.

pikdiesel

For a trail rig only, DIY rings are good. I welded a set of beadlock rings on steal soft 8's and ran them for years with no issues. Great way to save money. If you're running on the road, save some coin and buy from a reputatble company.

Top Bottom