Switch from RC to Old Man EMU

silverjk11

Hey all,

Quick question. I bought my jeep back in september with a 2.5 inch lift on it. It looks to be a RC lift. The one in this link using stock shocks. I think I want to replace it, because I can get a much better ride.

http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep-suspension-lift-kit-634-7.html

I think I would like to change this one out and go with a Old man EMU lift, the 2 inch one. My question is, should I just buy the whole EMU kit, or just replace the springs with the EMU ones? I don't see myself ever really running heavy bumpers, so I would go with the light load springs. I've read you get a little more than advertised from the lift anyhow. I would also want to add front and rear adjustable track bars. I was looking at the teraflex monster track bars. Does this sound like a good set up? My goal is to end up right around where I am now, roughly 2 inches of lift, and run 35 inch tires.

JKbrick

You would not need to spend the money on adjustable track bars for a 2" lift, put it towards some good shocks

Dune Crawler

2" your fine with most of the stock components. I would put that money towards re-gear or programmer to fix speedo for those 35's

Life's a beach

HILLZ

I run the 2" OME kit in my JKU and love it, nice and comfy on and off road, articulates really well. If you go the full OME kit make sure you get the nitro charger shocks. Highly recommend.

OME ride height with steel front and rear bars and a winch before and after flare chop
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1399046703.954699.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1399046738.203505.jpg

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

JungerJk

I'm currently running the 3in OME, with some additional components that Dave at Northridge helped me put together (trackbars, lower control arms, etc). Agree on the ride comfort, daily driver benefits and the Nitro Shocks are nice.

Top Bottom