I'm a newb

hickey800

So I am just wondering what kind of regular maintenance I should be going threw when I pick up my jeep, just certain things I should check, and take care of and how often I should be doing it thanks

To be honest until I put after market lower control arms and track bar I would take Canvas to the dealer for oil change and service. Some will say it is a waste of money but it builds relationships with the service department. This has proved to be beneficial when getting warranty work done on my modified JK. Your experience may vary but it works for me.

R/
Will

Sent from my fRuit product using WAL

Merlin

My 13 Rubi has 20,xxx miles on it and im already having the replace the ball joints. Perfect time to up grade to something beefier but still frustrating to know that ball joints can go out after 1.5 years of life. Is this under warranty, anyone?!?! Other than that, i've done the minimal maintenance and that is it.

Merlin

hickey800

To be honest until I put after market lower control arms and track bar I would take Canvas to the dealer for oil change and service. Some will say it is a waste of money but it builds relationships with the service department. This has proved to be beneficial when getting warranty work done on my modified JK. Your experience may vary but it works for me.

R/
Will

That's one the things that's going to piss me off about lifting my jeep when I get it knowing all the warranty will be getting thrown out the window ....

That's one the things that's going to piss me off about lifting my jeep when I get it knowing all the warranty will be getting thrown out the window ....

I have built a relationship with my service manager and so far no issues.

hickey800

I have built a relationship with my service manager and so far no issues.

By putting lift and bigger tires on the jeep it doesn't void the motor warranty on the jeep does it it will only void the suspension warranty am I correct ?

with the suspension components I have installed are warrantied which covers the the parts that are not. I have not run into engine or transmission issues but will cross that bridge when it gets there.

DMF

My over price Mopar lift wheels and tires are all covered under warranty with my dealer. Not sure I'm am happy about it though haha.

Oh to the op refer to your owners manual. I'm not trying to be smart. It really helped me. It's the type of fluids that I research more then when now.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
My 13 Rubi has 20,xxx miles on it and im already having the replace the ball joints. Perfect time to up grade to something beefier but still frustrating to know that ball joints can go out after 1.5 years of life. Is this under warranty, anyone?!?! Other than that, i've done the minimal maintenance and that is it.

Merlin

You'll have to check with the dealer on your ball joints, but I know for sure that the amount of movement they have will have to fall into a specified range before Chrysler will allow them to be replaced. You may check to see if they will install better aftermarket ones if they do need replacing. You may just have to pay the difference on the parts.

jeeeep

Hooked

Merlin

ball joints already?? what do you have for lift, tires and wheel backspace...I have a 2010 and at 90k miles and my ball joints were still good, just decided to change them out since I was upgrading axle shafts. Also been on 35's since about 20k miles and many off-road trips since

jeeeep

Hooked
So I am just wondering what kind of regular maintenance I should be going threw when I pick up my jeep, just certain things I should check, and take care of and how often I should be doing it thanks

what aftermarket do you have installed?

Flatattack

I've had a couple different issues covered under warranty after my lift and gear change. Neither were related to the lift or gear change so the dealer had no problem with the coverage.

Sent from a far away land....

jeeeep

Hooked
None I won't be getting my jeep tell June I'm just wondering most thing people do so I'll have most Info I need to try and avoid problems when I do get the jeep

ah ok...most depends on how you use it, but oil changes are top of the list. I've run synthetic since the 1st oil change but don't change it every 3k miles, I change it every 6k. at about 80k+ miles I noticed oil usage more than the normal 1qt at oil changes, I've switched to Mobile1 5-30 an it seems to be helping cut down the consumption

tires rotated with each oil change

before deep water crossings I checked that my stock breather tube was attached ever since I found it hanging, I've since completed the extended breather tube swap and no worries, write-up in the write-ups section - easy to do!

I tow often and make several trips across mountain passes so my transmission works pretty hard. I don't follow the recommended trans service on this - I have the fluid changed at least once a year if not sooner, depends on how hard I've pushed it. 90K+ and no issues

I also maintain the cooling system sooner than recommended - again depends on how hard I'm pushing it

I have a 2010, auto, 3.5" lift, 35's since about 20k miles, 4.88's at about 35k miles.. haven't had any issues with it to date

hickey800

ah ok...most depends on how you use it, but oil changes are top of the list. I've run synthetic since the 1st oil change but don't change it every 3k miles, I change it every 6k. at about 80k+ miles I noticed oil usage more than the normal 1qt at oil changes, I've switched to Mobile1 5-30 an it seems to be helping cut down the consumption

tires rotated with each oil change

before deep water crossings I checked that my stock breather tube was attached ever since I found it hanging, I've since completed the extended breather tube swap and no worries, write-up in the write-ups section - easy to do!

I tow often and make several trips across mountain passes so my transmission works pretty hard. I don't follow the recommended trans service on this - I have the fluid changed at least once a year if not sooner, depends on how hard I've pushed it. 90K+ and no issues

I also maintain the cooling system sooner than recommended - again depends on how hard I'm pushing it

I have a 2010, auto, 3.5" lift, 35's since about 20k miles, 4.88's at about 35k miles.. haven't had any issues with it to date

Great thanks a lot man very appreciated

Top Bottom