Hooking Car Alarm up to off road lights instead of head lights?

cyber0ne

I put in a AudioVox APS-997C alarm in my JK. It arms and disarms but have not installed to the headlights. Was working on it a bit last night but Im a bit confused I guess.

According to the Docs the White/Blue wire is the Headlight Output (-).
Reading the instructions:
Hook the White/Blue wire to a 30 amp relay #86 - Done
On that same relay attach terminals #85 and #30 to a fused 12v power supply - Done
On that same relay attach #87 to the switched +12v wire feeing the vehicle's power supply - I hooked this up past the switch to my off road lights.

however as I read more - For ground switched headlamps Connect the White/Blue wire to #86, Hook #85 up to a fused 12v source, connected #30 to a ground, and #87 to the lights....

So if I want to flash my off road lights and not my headlights should I Ground connection #30 or not? Im thinking so.... but after going thru this book a dozen times.... I think Im over thinking this.....

The Document from AudioVox for this install:
White w/ Blue Trace Wire:
Low Current (-) Ground Headlight Output
The White w/ Blue Trace wire is provided to operate the optional headlamp illumination feature of the system. This is a low current (300mA) output and must be connected to an external relay to control the high current switching circuit of the vehicle's headlamps. To use this option, connect the White /w BlueTrace wire to terminal # 86 of a P&B VF45F11 relay or equivalent. Connect Terminals #85 and # 30 to a fused + 12 Volts source with a current capability equal to or in excess of the factory headlamp fuse. Connect terminal # 87 of the relay to the switched + 12 volt wire feeding the vehicle's headlamp circuit.
NOTE:
For ground switched headlamp circuits, Connect the White /w Blue Trace wire to terminal # 86 ofa P&B VF45F11 relay or equivalent. Connect Terminal #85 to a fused + 12 Volts source. Connect terminal# 30 to a clean chassis ground.
Connect terminal # 87 to the ground switched headlamp control wire in the vehicle.

cyber0ne

Ok to make a long question simple...

I have a relay...
I have a car alarm....

anyone know how I would connect this to make my off road lights flash when my alarm goes off? lol

Top Bottom