Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EVO Manufacturing JK 07-12, Trans Crossmember Exhaust Skid - EVO1093B

EVO Manufacturing JK 07-12, Trans Crossmember Exhaust Skid - EVO1093B

I've got the Oil Pan skid, the Auto Tranny Skid and the piece between the tranny and oil pan skid - how necessary is this (EVO Manufacturing JK 07-12, Trans Crossmember Exhaust Skid - EVO1093B) skid and is it a must for the Rubicon trip?
    Last edited by pastorwug; 04-23-2014 at 01:49 PM.
    2011 JKU Stone White Rubicon
    Chazak ve Amatz! חֲזַ֖ק וֶאֱמָ֑ץ Be Strong & Courageous! Joshua 1:6
    "praesis ut prosis ne ut imperes"

-
    It looks like from your profile you are running short arms like me. I have found that they seem to funnel rocks right into my exhaust cross-over and loop. For me, this was a big issue so I use the skid.

All I can say about the Rubicon is on all the videos I watch there are always a few comments about how their skid plates got used.... I have not done the Rubicon for personal experience but hope to soon.

Yes, short arms.
    So you're saying that without this skid there seems to be a build up of rocks and debris near your exhaust - I haven't experienced that.
    OR - with this skid that happens?

I would say that it's necessary and something I'm looking into as well. It will be nice to have extra protection for the crossmember and you exhaust

Sent from my iPhone
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assis

jlwrangler.com

I'm confused. You have all skids but you are wondering whether you should put the middle skid on?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Spoke with a guy that is a Rubicon "expert" (by his own admission and hates anything EVO) and he said that every possible skid there is would be a must for the Rubicon, but he wanted me to buy them from Poly Performance which seems to be very popular here on the Central Coast of California.

Point being that the crossmember skid is the only one I'm missing from EVO and was wondering if others run it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    I'm confused. You have all skids but you are wondering whether you should put the middle skid on?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Sorry, maybe I'm confused as well - but speaking about the crossmember/exhaust skid only at this point.

-
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorwug View Post
    Yes, short arms.
    So you're saying that without this skid there seems to be a build up of rocks and debris near your exhaust - I haven't experienced that.
    OR - with this skid that happens?
    No, I'm saying that the shorter arms cause rock slide-offs to be directed at the exhaust (in my case). From what I can tell, it seems long arms would slide on a rock past the exhaust which is good as I don't think the crossmember skid works with long arms.

Quote Originally Posted by pastorwug View Post
    Sorry, maybe I'm confused as well - but speaking about the crossmember/exhaust skid only at this point.
    I just have the factory cross member and I have ran some pretty extreme trails, including the Rubicon a few times. Granted, it is beat up …

So, considering the amount oif undercarriage damage that often happens on the Rubicon trail it looks like I'll be buying this - more protection better than less.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast