Tire Rotation Question

Prime8

I have 35" GY Wrangler MTR K tires that need rotating. But here's the problem... About 3k miles ago I got a flat and needed a brand new tire. Instead of mounting 1 new and 3 used tires, I decided to use my previously unused, like-new spare. I put the spare and the new tire in the rear, as they obviously had more tread. So now I am wondering how to rotate my five tires, being that my front two and my spare have just under 9/16" tread depth and the rear two still have slightly more tread, being just under 5/8".

Would you just switch the rear two with each other, switch the front two with each other, and leave the spare aside?

If it matters, I have spyderlock beadlock wheels... Not sure if it is better to keep these wheels moving or if its ok to let them sit (in the case of the spare). Don't want the screws seizing up or anything from non-use.

Any help would be appreciated as I plan to wash the jeep and rotate the tires tomorrow since Illinois finally dropped to the 80's!!!

Toneman

Just my 2cents if the two in the rear are full tread I would leave them swap the front two left to right right to left and leave the spare alone. The rear tires will wear down faster then the front then you can do a proper rotation

RalphTomaccio

I think I would treat them as if nothing happened and rotate them as you normally would. In time, it will all even out for the most part. Plus, you'll never have to try and remember, "Now, just what did I do the last time?".

l1kenother

I know this is an old thread but for a little advice. Your front tires (being the turning tires) will wear more on the edges. And your rear (being the following tires) will wear more in the middle. So if you do not rotate your fronts to back they will start to cup on the edges giving an uneven tread wear and an uncomfortable ride.

Tackerdown

Banned
:thumb: good answer thanks.
I know this is an old thread but for a little advice. Your front tires (being the turning tires) will wear more on the edges. And your rear (being the following tires) will wear more in the middle. So if you do not rotate your fronts to back they will start to cup on the edges giving an uneven tread wear and an uncomfortable ride.

Top Bottom