Front Locker Light Flashing - will not shut off

onesignguy

So out of nowhere the front locker light started flashing today, messing with the button does not work, I tried engaging it into 4 wheel drive (4 hi & 4 low) and it seems like it does lock but still flashes. in 4 low it would go forward but when I put it into reverse the shifter keeps popping into neutral.
It took some effort for me to finally get it back into 2 wheel drive, seems like the locker is not engaged but light is still flashing, I disconnected the battery for a few min and that did not work either.

Any ideas here?

Not sure if I should even drive it, I hate to mess up the gears.

2008 Rubi & it has a Dana 44 with 5:13 gears

JK's JK

Banned
When did your gears get changed out?

And when the gears where changed out have you since engaged them other than just recently?

MTG

Caught the Bug
You might be able to slide the locker sensor (plunger) over by using a screwdriver through the fill hole. I think you would move it towards the driver's side on the front. :yup:

JK's JK

Banned
You might be able to slide the locker sensor (plunger) over by using a screwdriver through the fill hole. I think you would move it towards the driver's side on the front. :yup:

There is no way to. I just changed mine out on the rear. The ring and locker is completely in the way.

onesignguy

The gears have been installed for a while, I bought it as it is now. I Tested it when I bought it but have not used it since.
Had the oil changed and they pulled the plug to check fluid level, could have made a difference?

Where is that plunger located?

It's a bad ass journey
Www.highimpact-signs.com

JK's JK

Banned
The gears have been installed for a while, I bought it as it is now. I Tested it when I bought it but have not used it since.
Had the oil changed and they pulled the plug to check fluid level, could have made a difference?

Where is that plunger located?

It's a bad ass journey
Www.highimpact-signs.com

Remove the connector off the differential and see if the light goes away. It may be bent but check this write up I did and it may help you out. The front is the same as the rear except the axle shafts removal. I bought a locker switch and sure enough the light went away and as mentioned remove the connector first .

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?16572-Rear-Locker-Switch-Removal-and-replacemet-Write-up

Last edited:

onesignguy

I just looked at your write up on this, great tutorial, I will take it to a shop and let them wrestle with it. I will keep you posted on what I find out.

it's a bad ass Journey
Signature removed, sorry

onesignguy

Disconnected the electrical switch downt by the diff this morning seemed to work ok, good connection.

it's a bad ass Journey

CONative

Are you using the stock switch/button?

I have a 2013 and discovered, by accident, that you have to press the top of the switch to turn off the lockers and the bottom to turn on/switch front to back to all. If you have aftermarket, this may not be the case at all.

Top Bottom