Nitto Trail Grappler

CONative

I have a 2013 Rubicon JKU with the Teraflex performance leveling kit (coils, not pucks) and MCE flat front fenders, stock rubi rims and Spidertrax 1.5" spacers. After intense sole (no type-o, pun intended) searching, I am going with Nitto Trail Grapplers, but now I need to decide on the size. I'd rather not get into cutting the pinch seam and rubi-rails right now - mostly because that will lead to 35's and c-gussets, etc - but am wondering which size tire I can fit given my setup:

Size Tread Dia Width Rim Size
LT285/75R17 18.9 34.09 11.57 7.5-(8.0)-9.5
LT295/70R17 19.4 33.54 11.97 7.5-(8.5)-10.0

I like the 285's for the thinner width, but the 295's have a greater tread depth which also appeals to me. Doing a search seems to show that either will work, but I want to confirm.

Anyone have pictures of a setup similar to this?

Thanks in advance!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
i would do the 285/75 because that will come out to be more of a true 33" tire over the 295/70

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Just the rails, pinch seams are already tapered on '13+ models.

It depends when it was built. They changed over mid model year. My 13 was built in sept of 12 and they weren't tapered. Was not long after that they switched.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

JayKay

Caught the Bug
It depends when it was built. They changed over mid model year. My 13 was built in sept of 12 and they weren't tapered. Was not long after that they switched.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

That's something I wasn't aware of. My brothers '13 unlimited seams are tapered, but I'm not sure when his was built.

Top Bottom