Boz's build thread (slow build-up that is)

Tigereye10

*Renamed* Major Surge's build thread (Boz)

Welp might as well start this and update it as I go along, even if it may be a bit of time in between mods. I'm wanting to keep it kinda stock looking and I'll probably only mainly use it for trail running and medium rock crawling nothing too huge, I'll buy another Jeep for that :bleh: There are a few parts I know for sure I want and a few others that Im not 100% on what brand/type to get and will need some suggestions and maybe a few pics to have a look at. I do have a bit of mechanical experience under my belt but I'm new to Jeeps and not completely sure of the whole "If I do this what could go wrong/interfere with it aspect", haha. Anywho starting with a 2014 JK Freedom Edition here are a list of the mods I for sure want to have done:

Installed!

~New Exhaust - Magnaflow part number 15160
~Wheel Spacers - Spidertrax 1.5"
~CB Radio - Cobra 19DX IV
~Lift Kit - Pro Comp 2.5" Lift
~C-Gussets & LCA Skids(EVO)
~New Tires - 35's Hercules Trail Diggers
~JKS Adjustable Front Quick Disconnects
~Oil Pan Skid Plate - EVO Protek
~New Front Bumper - Poison Spyder JK Brawler Lite with Brawler Bar
~New Rear Bumper w/ tire carrier - Poison Spyder Rockbrawler II w/tire carrier
~Winch - Traveller 10,000lbs
~Spot Lights - Rigid Dually D2 with A pillar mounts
~New Rims - Vision Fury Blue/Silver

Awaiting Install / On the Way

To do list

~Rock Sliders - Poison Spider or LOD

I think that is all I want to do for now and if there is anything you all think I should add, I'll add it to the list and keep it in mind. :thumb:

Here's a starting pic to see the transformation.
samsung pics 091.jpg

Last edited:

jjsmail

I can't wait to see this thing built up. I absolutely love the color. But u will need wheel spacers and with the 35s I would recommend C-gussets. And as far as lifts go I'm not to sure, but I have a 2.5 in budget boost and I don't mind it at all. Just saving up for a bigger and better lift as we speak.

Tigereye10

I can't wait to see this thing built up. I absolutely love the color. But u will need wheel spacers and with the 35s I would recommend C-gussets. And as far as lifts go I'm not to sure, but I have a 2.5 in budget boost and I don't mind it at all. Just saving up for a bigger and better lift as we speak.

Added the spacers and gussets. I've though about the budget boost myself but I may just wait for a lift kit. We shall see I havent set anything in stone yet

Tigereye10

Alright first mod is installed and sounds great! Magnaflow Axle-back exhaust. Part number 15160

Next project in mind is either a cb radio, lift/budget boost, and/or wheel spacers.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1398816330654.jpg
    1398816330654.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 580

Tigereye10

Nice! You have a sounds clip? Curious to how it sounds.

Sent from my iPhone

Not right now but I'll see if I can get one tomorrow if it doesn't rain. There are a few videos of it on YouTube

Tigereye10

Got the cb today, waiting on a few other things and hopefully it will be installed this weekend :thumbup:

Attachments

• 1399926437165.jpg
    1399926437165.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 520

Tigereye10

CB is installed will post some pics tomorrow, since its too dark outside now lol.

Used Rugged Ridge mounting brackets for the radio and antenna.
Antenna is a Tram 4-B-HC Fiberglass 4ft.

Also mounted a flag on the back window.

Tigereye10

Pics as promised

1: Radio mounted above mirror with Rugged Ridge mount
2: Antenna mounted with Rugged Ridge mount
3: Antenna + Flag on back window
Not Pictured: also took off that ugly piece of plastic under the stock bumper

Attachments

• 1400459142043.jpg
    1400459142043.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 468
  • 1400459153903.jpg
    1400459153903.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 469
  • 1400459171846.jpg
    1400459171846.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 469
Last edited:

Tigereye10

Got my spidertrax 1.5" wheel spacers installed today! (Thanks again to TJGIO / John for those)

-Before and after pics

Simple item but does give it a more aggressive look, which I love, also means Im one step closer to tires and a lift. :wings: (which is also the next item on the list)

Attachments

• 1402066849302.jpg
    1402066849302.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 280
  • 1402066864525.jpg
    1402066864525.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 278
Last edited:

noroad

looks good man!! just a tip if you plan to wheel you might want to find a shop the will change the exhaust pipe tipes to smaller black ones(i have seen them time and time again smashed off things as they are a little low) but they sounds great!! What type of life you looking at doing??

BearClaw

Pics as promised

1: Radio mounted above mirror with Rugged Ridge mount
2: Antenna mounted with Rugged Ridge mount
3: Antenna + Flag on back window
Not Pictured: also took off that ugly piece of plastic under the stock bumper

I was thinking about going with the rugged ridge over mirror mount also. Does it affect your vision when trying to use your rear view mirror and how was the instillation. I heard their was some drilling with 7-11 jk cause i got a 09 rubi not sure if you knew or not.

Tigereye10

looks good man!! just a tip if you plan to wheel you might want to find a shop the will change the exhaust pipe tipes to smaller black ones(i have seen them time and time again smashed off things as they are a little low) but they sounds great!! What type of life you looking at doing??

Nothing too huge or crazy for now, probably just some weekend trails here and there with this Jeep. I do plan on getting another one later on and building that one up for rock crawling and such. Oh and I'm female btw :bleh: haha no worries though.

Last edited:

Tigereye10

I was thinking about going with the rugged ridge over mirror mount also. Does it affect your vision when trying to use your rear view mirror and how was the instillation. I heard their was some drilling with 7-11 jk cause i got a 09 rubi not sure if you knew or not.

With the 14 there is no drilling, you just reuse the torx bolts, I believe with the 7-12 JK there is some drilling required since that latch hook is in with rivets instead of the torx bolts. As far as interference with the rear view it does cut off a bit of the top of the mirror (meaning you can see the bottom of the cb), that being said since I still have 32" tires I can still see out the back with the rear view but I think with a bigger tire it will be limited more than it is now. Also having said that there are a few different ways to put the cb on the mount ie. moving it more to one side or the other. I can try and get a few more pics of the mount and such if you like.

BearClaw

With the 14 there is no drilling, you just reuse the torx bolts, I believe with the 7-12 JK there is some drilling required since that latch hook is in with rivets instead of the torx bolts. As far as interference with the rear view it does cut off a bit of the top of the mirror (meaning you can see the bottom of the cb), that being said since I still have 32" tires I can still see out the back with the rear view but I think with a bigger tire it will be limited more than it is now. Also having said that there are a few different ways to put the cb on the mount ie. moving it more to one side or the other. I can try and get a few more pics of the mount and such if you like.

Yeah if you could get some more pics that would be great.

Tigereye10

Yeah if you could get some more pics that would be great.

Here ya go
1- how it mounts up
2- all the mounting holes
3- how the cb sits
4- can kinda see in the mirror what I see out the back

Attachments

• 1402346352742.jpg
    1402346352742.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 210
  • 1402346367850.jpg
    1402346367850.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 213
  • 1402346382946.jpg
    1402346382946.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 214
  • 1402346395824.jpg
    1402346395824.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 215

BearClaw

Here ya go
1- how it mounts up
2- all the mounting holes
3- how the cb sits
4- can kinda see in the mirror what I see out the back

Thanks man! Ill prolly go with the same mount that way i dont have to mess around with drilling holes in the plastic down by the floor

noroad

Nothing too huge or crazy for now, probably just some weekend trails here and there with this Jeep. I do plan on getting another one later on and building that one up for rock crawling and such. Oh and I'm female btw :bleh: haha no worries though.

Haha sorry about that!! And thats cool, sounds like you have a good plan! Will be watching!

Top Bottom