rear ended...

jijk

Not sure where this post should be exactly but here goes.

So my wife drove my jeep this afternoon to go for a run. Long story short she was rear ended by some bitch that was texting.

Only have txt pics at this point. Car that hit her is trashed. Looks like she slid under the bumper but possibly caught the spare tire on the way.

Question** is there anything other than the obvious that I should keep my eye on as far as damage goes. ie: hitch, suspension...

Any help would be appreciated.

Christarp

bumper, spare tire carrier, tailgate, body mounts, make sure all the door still close flush, etc. I don't think there's anything in particular you should really look out for that you wouldn't normally think to check. I'd take the spare off for sure and check for tailgate damage though.

jijk

Thanks for the input. Fortunately my wife is ok. Worst part is my new wheels and tires came yesterday and my lift is supposed to be here Monday. Guess I have to wait just a little longer.

Wasn't exactly planning on a bumper upgrade but who knows.

StrizzyChris

Remove the spare and the carrier to assure that there's no damage to the sheet metal under the carrier. Look at all the spot welds on the tailgate for damage. Other than that, make the driver pay you retail replacement costs for stock bumper and carrier replacement under the grounds of materials integrity compromised in the accident.....and buy an LoD or Poison Spider replacement :thumb:

TheDuff

Remove the spare and the carrier to assure that there's no damage to the sheet metal under the carrier. Look at all the spot welds on the tailgate for damage. Other than that, make the driver pay you retail replacement costs for stock bumper and carrier replacement under the grounds of materials integrity compromised in the accident.....and buy an LoD or Poison Spider replacement :thumb:

Exactly :D free upgrades!

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

davantalus

Don't drive the jeep before you check the carrier... when I backed into a pillar I caused major damage to the carrier that wasn't visible without removing the spare.

20140226-IMG_7766.jpg

Last edited:

jijk

Agreed. My wife didn't get hurt at all. Car that hit her was a total loss. Think she is more upset about the jeep than I am.

Agreed. My wife didn't get hurt at all. Car that hit her was a total loss. Think she is more upset about the jeep than I am.

My wife rear ended a minivan with the 08 JKUR we had before.... all it did was dent the plastic bumper cover a little... so basically nothing. The minivan on the other hand was a wreck... the Jeep pushed the back gate all the way in. Jeeps are like tanks. :rock:

Top Bottom