Flapping seat belt problem

2012wrangler

When I have the doors off and top down, any speed over about 25mph and the wind makes the seat belts flap back and forth against the side of the Jeep driving me crazy on the freeway. The part that hits seems to be about about where my butt is. The safety belt strap that is going from the bottom up to where it is attached at head height flaps against the plastic part (outboard) not the seat.

Has anyone figured out how to stop this? I was thinking about getting some kind of cloth cover to go around the belt that would let the belt slide as it needs to be adjustable and move but thought I might get a better idea here.

thanx

bl17z90

For the passenger side, grab the belt (at the bottom where it comes from the reel) and stretch it over and around the passenger headrest and that will stop it over there.

Or if there is someone in the seat (or for you, the driver) slid the belt (on the feed side) between the recline handle and the seat.

JethroJK

When I have the doors off and top down, any speed over about 25mph and the wind makes the seat belts flap back and forth against the side of the Jeep driving me crazy on the freeway. The part that hits seems to be about about where my butt is. The safety belt strap that is going from the bottom up to where it is attached at head height flaps against the plastic part (outboard) not the seat.

Has anyone figured out how to stop this? I was thinking about getting some kind of cloth cover to go around the belt that would let the belt slide as it needs to be adjustable and move but thought I might get a better idea here.

thanx

So go to Walmart automotive area. You will see the seatbelt items that are the fuzzy items people will strap on the seatbelt to cushion the area around their shoulder. It is about 8 inches long and about 3 inches wide. They are velcro..Well take those and put around the seatbelt were it is flapping and your problem is solved.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I just ignore It lol after all this time it doesn't bother me anymore

Sent from my iPhone

Rccrwlr

So go to Walmart automotive area. You will see the seatbelt items that are the fuzzy items people will strap on the seatbelt to cushion the area around their shoulder. It is about 8 inches long and about 3 inches wide. They are velcro..Well take those and put around the seatbelt were it is flapping and your problem is solved.

Agreed. PO of our jeep left these fabric sleeves in the back compartment. Couldn't figure out what they were for until we took the top off. You just need something there

--rccrwlr

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I have heard of people putting a Velcro strap around them. But I just ignore the noise too.

I did this and it worked. I used some small Velcro straps and wrapped them around the seatbelt and roll bar. Did it for all the seatbelts and never heard them again.

frenchjk

Caught the Bug

thanx

cinch it down with a velcro strap or a bike toe strap........

Briguy114

I use the seatbelt pads and they work perfectly. Just cruised around all weekend with no doors and no flapping seat belts

cmireles

I just ignore It lol after all this time it doesn't bother me anymore

Sent from my iPhone

Yeah for real, I guess you just learn to deal with it, and it's not that bad IMO. But in order to help the OP, take some short Velcro straps and somewhat loosely wrap it around the roll bar halfway between the top and bottom seatbelt mounts. The strap doesn't really move and it limits horizontal movement on the seatbelt. Works perfectly and you can't really notice their presence.

2012wrangler

Thanx for all the responses and the pics. I'm gonna try rerouting it through the panel like the pictures, and if that does not work, it's off to walmart.

Top Bottom