New JE Reel out of balance?

Mdrnizd

I installed a new JE Reel 1350 front driveshaft on my 2014 Rubicon today and I'm feeling a very slight vibration under my feet at highway speeds. Has anyone had experience with an out of balance driveshaft driveshaft from JE Reel when it was new? I'm sure anything is possible with parts being shipped around.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Sorry, no. Pull the shaft and if the vibration goes away give the vendor a call. :yup:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I installed a new JE Reel 1350 front driveshaft on my 2014 Rubicon today and I'm feeling a very slight vibration under my feet at highway speeds. Has anyone had experience with an out of balance driveshaft driveshaft from JE Reel when it was new? I'm sure anything is possible with parts being shipped around.

What's your caster set at?

Mdrnizd

Yes, I was running a stock driveshaft prior to this. Matter of fact, the Jeep is completely stock. I did this to prepare for the installation of my 3" Enforcer kit this coming weekend.

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
Yes, I was running a stock driveshaft prior to this. Matter of fact, the Jeep is completely stock. I did this to prepare for the installation of my 3" Enforcer kit this coming weekend.

It could be the caster, but given that youre still stock on arms and lift, less likely. Pull the shaft, like MTG said. If vibes are gone, then shaft could be a balance issue or in a rare situation the u joints are the issue.

One more question, do you have the JE reel with new yokes on the diff or is it the one with the coupler that mounts to stock diff flange?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

That's your issue. You need to adjust you castor/pinion angle with an aftermarket driveshaft.

Flyer

When I was back to stock (trading in the last JK) the rear aftermarket DS was causing a huge vibration...even after shortening it. This was on a 2-door and the DS guys said he could not get the "angle vibration" out at stock height. I switched to a stock DS and all was good. The same issue could be happening with the front. Swap it back with the stock one and reevaluate after your lift...or hurry up and lift it.

36Fan

You have to find a happy medium between caster and drive line angle. My OCD wont let me achieve this so Im ordering a ProRock 44..lol

frenchjk

Caught the Bug
if there is a cv on there you'll have to line up you pinion with the shaft........and might run into a caster pb.....

Mdrnizd

It could be the caster, but given that youre still stock on arms and lift, less likely. Pull the shaft, like MTG said. If vibes are gone, then shaft could be a balance issue or in a rare situation the u joints are the issue.

One more question, do you have the JE reel with new yokes on the diff or is it the one with the coupler that mounts to stock diff flange?

It is the one with new yokes. I think I can live with it until I lift it. My wife doesn't notice it, so it must be how anal I am. :) I am just waiting on my wheels so I can do the lift. Hopefully they will be here the first part of next week.

Thanks for everyone's help!

Top Bottom