Thread: Please dont judge...

Fresh Catch

Please dont judge...

Hey all, at the risk of sounding like a greenhorn ( which I am) I am curious to know what the maximum size tires I can put on a stock 2014 Wrangler unlimited would be. I eventually want to add a left kit etc but have an opportunity to get a good discount on a set of tires. I just need to know what I should limit the size to for now. I only plan to lift it about 2" when the time comes. Any helpful tips would be greatly appreciated.

It really depends on a couple things. The offset of the wheel or using wheel spacers and whether or not you will be trimming your fenders or running other type of at fenders.

Quote Originally Posted by S3XTION8 View Post
    Hey all, at the risk of sounding like a greenhorn ( which I am) I am curious to know what the maximum size tires I can put on a stock 2014 Wrangler unlimited would be. I eventually want to add a left kit etc but have an opportunity to get a good discount on a set of tires. I just need to know what I should limit the size to for now. I only plan to lift it about 2" when the time comes. Any helpful tips would be greatly appreciated.
    without any lift i would think 33's if you cut fenders and get wheel spacers you can put 35's
    2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
    commando Green
    RK 3.5 X Factor
    Loaded PR44 front with ARB locker
    37" NITTO Trail Grapplers
    PSC Brawler F/R

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=2180

Look right above your post. You will see JK Newbie FAQ.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by TheStick View Post
    It really depends on a couple things. The offset of the wheel or using wheel spacers and whether or not you will be trimming your fenders or running other type of at fenders.
    I wasn't thinking of trimming my fenders. I could go the route of replacing them with something more accommodating. Mainly I was thinking of bigger tires with my Jeep as is for now. Thanks for getting back to me so fast.

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalm90 View Post

without any lift i would think 33's if you cut fenders and get wheel spacers you can put 35's
    Thanx for your advice

Quote Originally Posted by S3XTION8 View Post
    If you didn't want to cut your fenders you could look at flats like the MCE flat fenders and fit 35's but you may rub on the air dam when turning, so you may need to trim that. I would say 33's would be the biggest without changes and I am not sure about spacers as I have never ran them.
    08 JK Rubicon ~ Stone White
    AEV 2.5" DualSport XT
    35" Nitto Trail Grappers on KMC Addict Wheels
    Poison Spyder Brawler Lite w/Brawler Bar
    AEV Rear Bumper w/Tire Carrier
    Warn Zeon 10s
    Factor55 ProLink and HitchLink
    Rigid 10" LED Bar
    Rigid Dually D2's
    Rigid Diffued Dually's
    Truck-Lite Headlights
    TrekTop NX
    Trek Armor Mesh Top
    SuperChips TrailDash
    Cobra 75
    sPod with OTRATTW Switch Covers

It sounds like 33s is what you would want. If so, you can run on road and off road fine without a lift. Dont plan on being able to flex and compare to guys who are lifted but 33s will get you were you would wanna go off road. You do want to go with a a new rim, I wouldnt trust the stock rims with any thing larger than stock tires with spacers. A great setup that many people go with is 33s and a 2" or leveling kit. No other mods would be needed. Good luck

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

you can run 33's at stock height without any other mods. you can also run 35's at stock height with trimmed flat factory fenders or aftermarket flat fenders with the proper bump stops.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assis

jlwrangler.com

-
    WhenI picked up Canvas in February of 2013 he had 33's on a stock lift with aftermarket rims. As Coz stated with the right bump stops you should be fine. I believe StrizztChris was running 35's on a stock Rubicon suspension before he switched to coilovers.

R/
    Will