Any golfers here?

Angry Aussie

I was curious to see if there are many other members on here that are into playing golf. If so, what's your favorite course, what clubs do you play, how long have you been playing, what's your lowest score you've shot?

For me any course in colorado would be my favorite. I love mountain golf.

I play Taylormade driver, wood and hybrids. Titleist ap2 irons and Cleveland wedges.

Been playing for three years now and love it. Lowest score I've ever shot is a 74. Still trying to break par for the first time. Maybe I'll see some of y'all on the course one day.

trailless

Caught the Bug
I like to think I play golf but I just chase a white ball up and down a green field. Many times I can't keep up and lose track...

Anyways, I've played on and off for 6 years. Very frequently at the beginning and now its been almost 2 years since I've played.

In HS, when I played multiple times a week, I scored an 82 which is my lowest. My favorite course is probably Avalon in Lenoir City, TN or the royal links in Vegas. My driver, woods, and sand wedge is a Callaway and I play mizuno mp-60 irons. I don't know what my putter is. Grabbed it out of my dads bag years ago.

Angry Aussie

I like to think I play golf but I just chase a white ball up and down a green field. Many times I can't keep up and lose track...

Anyways, I've played on and off for 6 years. Very frequently at the beginning and now its been almost 2 years since I've played.

In HS, when I played multiple times a week, I scored an 82 which is my lowest. My favorite course is probably Avalon in Lenoir City, TN or the royal links in Vegas. My driver, woods, and sand wedge is a Callaway and I play mizuno mp-60 irons. I don't know what my putter is. Grabbed it out of my dads bag years ago.

I was starting to think I was the only one! It's good to know there's another golfer out there. I try to play as much as I can it's the one thing I can do all by myself. I love the game and hate it sometimes. I've met tons of good people because of golf, just like the jeep! I wish I would have started playing in high school.

pastorwug

Does anyone really "play" golf or get played by golf.
I go out fairly often but I'm not willing to spend the money or take the time to break out of a 20 handicap .

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Does anyone really "play" golf or get played by golf.
I go out fairly often but I'm not willing to spend the money or take the time to break out of a 20 handicap .

I like my theory of golf. A walk in a park ruined by a little white ball. I also go for the dollar per stroke. The more strokes per dollar the better.

R
Will

Sent from my fRuit product using WAL

pastorwug

I like my theory of golf. A walk in a park ruined by a little white ball. I also go for the dollar per stroke. The more strokes per dollar the better.

R
Will

Sent from my fRuit product using WAL

I like that philosophy!

JayKay

Caught the Bug
I used to play every weekend when in grade school and high school. My dad thought we HAD to have a family membership to the local public course...think it was just an excuse to drink beer :beer: Now that I have my own family, I only play maybe 2 or three times a year. I enjoy it for the peace and quiet, main reason I also love fishing and deer hunting. I still use the Dunlop set I got when I was a freshman in high school. They're not premium, but they still get the ball in the hole :)

I like to golf when I get time to...hardy never find the time during the week days because of the long hours I put in which then makes all my free time on the weekends and then it's REALY hard to justify killing 5 hours on 'the greens' on Saturday when I've got home projects, honey do's and of course....working on the Jeep!! So during the 'winter' months here in AZ, the rates are way to high to play, so I haven't played since October....but now that summer is here, I've got a free 'scramble tourney' to 'play' in this Saturday and another next Friday and again the following Friday!!! That's some of the good part of putting up with the AZ heat is getting to playing a little more. Starter about 20 yrs ago, self taught, at about 30 handicap and now down to 20. Some days it is a 'good walk ruined' :banghead: but I love the challenge to do better. :thumb:

jgrove12

I have Nike vr for my irons and my wedges are vokeys
The best I have ever shot was an 86
But I do like to enjoy 1-15 beers while playing haha
Silver lakes is probably my favorite place to play in driving distance.
Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

ACEsJK

I try to play as often as possible but no much though. Through the family life and work it's hard. I play Cleveland irons and wedges. And a nike sumo driver. Lowest I shot was 76 at Sierra lakes. I'm in socal so we deal with some wind sometimes. Fun though.

1 Corinthians 10:31
Whether you eat or drink or WHATEVER YOU DO, DO IT FOR THE GLORY OF GOD!

StrizzyChris

Played all through highschool but couldn't cut it at the D1 college level so playing on a regular basis ended there.

I play Ping woods and Callaway irons. My best round was a 79.

MTG

Caught the Bug
12 handicap.*

*calculated as follows. I take 12 balls with me to the course. I try not to lose any more than that over 18 holes. If I do, I adjust the handicap up. Now conversely if I lose less or actually find a few on the course the handicap goes down. Obviously found range balls are excluded from the calculation.

Angry Aussie

Wow!! There were more people on here that play then I thought. That's awesome. Even of it's just a few times a year. It's a great way to spend a day outside drinking beer with friends (who don't have jeeps) and having a good time. That's great so many of y'all started at a young age I wish I would have.

I've played the last three days and I'm playing in a scramble Tuesday night for $2500. It's gonna be intense.

I hope one day I can get on the course with some of y'all sometime!

Angry Aussie

12 handicap.*

*calculated as follows. I take 12 balls with me to the course. I try not to lose any more than that over 18 holes. If I do, I adjust the handicap up. Now conversely if I lose less or actually find a few on the course the handicap goes down. Obviously found range balls are excluded from the calculation.

That's a smart idea. How are the courses in your area?

CaliCrusher

Played all through highschool but couldn't cut it at the D1 college level so playing on a regular basis ended there.

I play Ping woods and Callaway irons. My best round was a 79.

You're lucky, being that you live in San Francisco, you get to play Harding park for dirt cheap. US Open course!

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
I started playing 3 years ago......much later than the friends from work that I play with......I haven't taken a lesson yet even though most say you should starting out so you don't develope any bad habits in the beginning......I played nearly every week for quite sometime and got my game down into the 80s (82)....My short game is where I need to spend more time and practice on......I can probably shave another 5-7 strokes off my game if I concentrate on just that alone.......Plantation Preserve Golf Course & Club in Plantation, Florida is my favorite course

I yell (((FORE))) after every drive and fairway stroke.....it's become habit.....it is what it is.....:grayno:

Driver: Taylormade R11S 10.5*
Hybrids: RBZ Stage 2 19* 3H
Irons: Callaway X20s
Wedges: Taylormade ATVs
Putter: Odessey

~Woodrow~

Tindeuchen

Started playing around 5 years ago.

Lowest I've ever shot was a 74, but that was one of those days I could do no wrong. Average in the mid 80's.

Favorite course would be Texarkana country club, but the best course I've played is TPC Los Colinas in the DFW area

Driver: Taylormade R-11s
Woods/hybrids: Tour Edge Pro v4
Irons: Mizuno MP-59
Wedges: Mizuno MP-T4
Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron

Angry Aussie

I started playing 3 years ago......much later than the friends from work that I play with......I haven't taken a lesson yet even though most say you should starting out so you don't develope any bad habits in the beginning......I played nearly every week for quite sometime and got my game down into the 80s (82)....My short game is where I need to spend more time and practice on......I can probably shave another 5-7 strokes off my game if I concentrate on just that alone.......Plantation Preserve Golf Course & Club in Plantation, Florida is my favorite course

I yell (((FORE))) after every drive and fairway stroke.....it's become habit.....it is what it is.....:grayno:

Driver: Taylormade R11S 10.5*
Hybrids: RBZ Stage 2 19* 3H
Irons: Callaway X20s
Wedges: Taylormade ATVs
Putter: Odessey

~Woodrow~

Sweet! I just started a little over three years ago myself! I bet you have some nice courses to play in Florida. Sounds like you got some sweet clubs to. Work on that short game, there's no better feeling then one putting as many greens as possible. Keep playing sounds like your playing really well for only playing for three years.

Angry Aussie

Started playing around 5 years ago.

Lowest I've ever shot was a 74, but that was one of those days I could do no wrong. Average in the mid 80's.

Favorite course would be Texarkana country club, but the best course I've played is TPC Los Colinas in the DFW area

Driver: Taylormade R-11s
Woods/hybrids: Tour Edge Pro v4
Irons: Mizuno MP-59
Wedges: Mizuno MP-T4
Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron

The LPGA is playing there this weekend, the course looks really nice. The greens look huge but smooth as glass.

Top Bottom