Rancho CB pre axle exhaust vs MBRP CB pre axle exhaust

jorod15

Does anyone have any opinions or details on the differences? Im looking at Rancho because its cheaper but MBRP looks like a better quality. Im more concerned about getting a deeper growly sound. I also like the fact that the muffler is relocated and its tucked in nice and tidy.

Devallee

Does anyone have any opinions or details on the differences? Im looking at Rancho because its cheaper but MBRP looks like a better quality. Im more concerned about getting a deeper growly sound. I also like the fact that the muffler is relocated and its tucked in nice and tidy.

This might not be much help, but I know a few people running the MBRP and are very pleased with it. Sounds great and has held up to some abuse. Unfortunately I have no experience or comments on the rancho. However, I would also give the dynomax evolution exhaust a look as it is also tucked up and away just like the MBRP and I absolutely love the sound. This is my 4th exhaust setup trying to find the sound I like and I finally found one worth keeping. There are plenty of guys on here running the same dynomax and love it. But to answer your question, I'd rather spend a few more bucks and get quality stuff. The MBRP is a quality product, but I would try out the dynomax as well. Deep low growl without too much drone in the higher rpm range. I've actually had people ask of I have a V8 under the hood. Just another option to consider. Happy shopping!

jorod15

This might not be much help, but I know a few people running the MBRP and are very pleased with it. Sounds great and has held up to some abuse. Unfortunately I have no experience or comments on the rancho. However, I would also give the dynomax evolution exhaust a look as it is also tucked up and away just like the MBRP and I absolutely love the sound. This is my 4th exhaust setup trying to find the sound I like and I finally found one worth keeping. There are plenty of guys on here running the same dynomax and love it. But to answer your question, I'd rather spend a few more bucks and get quality stuff. The MBRP is a quality product, but I would try out the dynomax as well. Deep low growl without too much drone in the higher rpm range. I've actually had people ask of I have a V8 under the hood. Just another option to consider. Happy shopping!

What systems were you running before? I had a buddy mention the aFE Mach system that mounts between the frame rails and axles know anything about that?

Devallee

What systems were you running before? I had a buddy mention the aFE Mach system that mounts between the frame rails and axles know anything about that?

I don't know much about that one unfortunately. I've run a flowmaster 40 (which I also liked and would say is my #2 choice personally), a magnaflow (not exactly sure about the model or whatever but it was a little too quiet for my liking. Sounded nice when you floored it but thats about it), and a glass pack off of ebay. Also if you don't mind losing a touch of low end power you could just try taking off the stock muffler and leaving it straight piped. It's a very debatable decision because some notice a slight loss in low end power, some don't. Some like the sound (I loved it but didn't like the loss of power I felt) and some can't stand it, everybody is different. But it is as easy as taking off the stock muffler and trying it out. If you don't like it you can put it back on, if you do then you have a free exhaust upgrade! Out of all of those, straight pipe had the best sound for me. I say give it a try and see. If not then keep shopping :thumb:

Sent from my SGH-M919 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Devallee

But with my personal experience, to get a "deeper growly" sound the dynomax evo will deliver. Have you checked sound clips on YouTube of different systems? That could help too

Sent from my SGH-M919 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JayKay

Caught the Bug
I was always wondering about exhaust fumes/smell inside of the jeep with the EVO system? On all of the trucks I've owned, I've always had the exhaust dumped in front of the axle, but it was under the bed, not the cab.

Devallee

I was always wondering about exhaust fumes/smell inside of the jeep with the EVO system? On all of the trucks I've owned, I've always had the exhaust dumped in front of the axle, but it was under the bed, not the cab.

I've always had my exhausts dump right under the cab and have sat in the parking lot known as the 405 freeway doorless and have never noticed a problem and never had any passengers say anything either. BUT that's only me, I can't speak for every one

Rancho

Caught the Bug

Just an FYI the Rancho branded system is just the DynoMax system rebranded. Rancho and DynoMax are sister companies or may they are brother companies. :)
Ours is a stainless steel system with a limited lifetime warranty too.

jorod15

Just an FYI the Rancho branded system is just the DynoMax system rebranded. Rancho and DynoMax are sister companies or may they are brother companies. :)
Ours is a stainless steel system with a limited lifetime warranty too.

Which Dynomax system?

Jerms

I have the MBRP. Sounds really good when you're on top of the rock and everyone else is looking up at you ;)

Wankel

I put the Dynomax 39522 system (Ultra Flo Evolution Competition Stainless) on my 2014 and I love it! If you drive lightly it has a slight exhaust sound that is pleasing, and if you get on it, it comes alive, MEAN growl. The V8 comment doesn't surprise me at all. Definitely sounds good and its really not THAT loud, cabin is a little noisy but I can live with it.

This video is pretty accurate, just think a little less drone sound, I think the camera or post editing lost a little of the quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPe0O9TPfj4

Last edited:
Top Bottom