Tire Pressure Monitor Sensor

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Your light stays on. Until you get a programmer like a procal to shut it off and set your pressure to zero

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Replacing rims and tires on a 2014 JK....what happens if I don't use the tire pressure monitors?

You get a little annoying light saying low tire pressure. If you get a procal from either superchips or aev you can turn it off

Sent from my iPhone

Beyrgut

Or have them transfer the sensors to the new wheels if you not getting an online combo. They aren't a requirement but kind of nice to have with the 2013 and newer with each tire's pressure in the dash.

Hack12

Just make sure you put the sensors back in the new tires or buy a tuner to shut the dash light off before you try to get it inspected. It won't pass with the TPMS dash light on. :yup:

MTG

Caught the Bug
I've heard California is now requiring vehicle inspections. I'd make sure they are not required for that before I toss them. Otherwise they are virtually useless.

dahreno

Banned
Mine broke off on rocks. I'm used to the light and little dings from the Jeep everytime I start it, it doesn't bother me any more. I have been through smog several times now and it always passes. I guess it depends on your state. I also guess the guy who said it would not pass, knows Cali. laws on the subject.

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Mine broke off on rocks. I'm used to the light and little dings from the Jeep everytime I start it, it doesn't bother me any more. I have been through smog several times now and it always passes. I guess it depends on your state. I also guess the guy who said it would not pass, knows Cali. laws on the subject.

How does a TPMS sensor break off? It's on the inside of the wheel. :thinking:

dahreno

Banned
Yes, the valve stem. I have been taking 8 hour classes at work and my brain doesn't want to work. Not that it ever did ! But, at least you know how they broke now.

07streetbobrider

Or have them transfer the sensors to the new wheels if you not getting an online combo. They aren't a requirement but kind of nice to have with the 2013 and newer with each tire's pressure in the dash.

You're right..I guess I'll have tire shop pull them out and use them. It's nice not having to check my pressure as it's right there on my dash.

RioJK

Just re-smogged here in CA without the sensors. Light was on, but still passed. They just put a comment on the paperwork.

Top Bottom