Official 2015 Jeep Wrangler Info.....

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
There were some people deciding on if they want to order now or wait for the new ones, so I figured some people would like to know the changes for the 2015....

Order banks open: June 6th, 2014

Production launch: July 21, 2014

Sales launch: September 1, 2014

Last day of 2014 model year production: July 11th, 2014

Models

1. WRANGLER SPORT 4X4
- Willys Wheeler
- special model (TBA)

2. WRANGLER UNLIMITED SPORT 4X4
- Willys Wheeler
- special model (TBA)

3. WRANGLER UNLIMITED SPORT 4X4 (RHD)

4. WRANGLER SAHARA 4X4

5. WRANGLER UNLIMITED SAHARA 4X4

6. WRANGLER RUBICON 4X4
- RUBICON X 4X4

7. WRANGLER UNLIMITED RUBICON 4X4
- UNLIMITED RUBICON X 4X4

Engines

3.6L V6 24V VVT
3.0L V6 24V VVT (export only)
2.8L I4 TURBO DIESEL (export only)

Transmissions

5-SPEED AUTO W5A580 TRANSMISSION (DGJ)
6-SPEED MANUAL NSG370 TRANSMISSION (DEH)

Confirmed Exterior Colors: (partial list)

Anvil
Billet Metallic
Black
Bright White
Firecracker Red (New)
Hydro Blue Metallic

What's New - key features (some features may be optional and restricted to certain models)

- Willys Wheeler returns (Sport and Sport Unlimited models)
- New special model (name TBA), built on B and C package Sports, 16 inch black steel wheels, larger Bridgestone tires, hard top with tinted glass, A/C, Sirius radio and possibly 3.73 rear axle
- Bridgestone tires and Goodyear Duratracs will be used on some of the special editions
- Alpine sound system with tuned sound bar
- Firecracker Red replaces Flame Red (supposedly it is the same looking red but renamed as the SRT GC in red...very close to flame red)
- A new dark green will be introduced

Updated colors (names are NOT all correct, but color codes are)
Jeep Wrangler FHG Exterior Plum Crazy Pearl 2015
Jeep Wrangler FLC Exterior Hemi Orange Pearl 2015
Jeep Wrangler JSC Exterior Billet Metallic 2013-2015
Jeep Wrangler JUS Exterior Canyon Brown Pearl 2015
Jeep Wrangler KYV Exterior Stinger Yellow 2015
Jeep Wrangler LDS Exterior Anvil 2013-2015
Jeep Wrangler MBJ Exterior Hydro Blue Metallic 2014-2015
Jeep Wrangler MRC Exterior Firecracker Red 2015
Jeep Wrangler NGK Exterior Tank 2015
Jeep Wrangler PBJ Exterior Hydro Blue Metallic 2014-2015
Jeep Wrangler PDS Exterior Anvil 2013-2015
Jeep Wrangler PGK Exterior Tank 2015
Jeep Wrangler PHG Exterior Plum Crazy Pearl 2015
Jeep Wrangler PLC Exterior Hemi Orange Pearl 2015
Jeep Wrangler PRC Exterior Firecracker Red 2015
Jeep Wrangler PSC Exterior Billet Metallic 2013-2015
Jeep Wrangler PUS Exterior Canyon Brown Pearl 2015
Jeep Wrangler PW7 Exterior Bright White 2011-2015
Jeep Wrangler PX8 Exterior Black 1993-2015
Jeep Wrangler PYV Exterior Stinger Yellow 2015

Updated colors...

PDS ……. LDS ……. Anvil 2013-2015
PSC ……. JSC ……. Billet Metallic 2013-2015
PX8 ……. DX8 ……. Black 1993-2015
PW7 ……. GW7 …….Bright White 2011-2015
PUS ……. JUS ……. Canyon Brown Pearl 2015 (blazing saddle on Ram and Durango)
PRC ……. MRC ……. Firecracker Red 2015
PLC ……. FLC ……. Hemi Orange Pearl 2015
PBJ ……. MBJ ……. Hydro Blue Metallic 2014-2015
PHG ……. FHG ……. Plum Crazy Pearl 2015
PYV ……. KYV ……. Stinger Yellow 2015
PGK ……. NGK ……. Tank 2015 (the code was used by chrysler as deep green metallic on 93-94 products)

(They are not 100% confirmed yet, and obviously will roll out at different parts of the launch year)

Red leather is supposed to return as an option on Rubi X models.
Radar red stitching is supposedly coming, probably on a black interior.

Subwoofer is being moved from the side, to the floor....

2015_Wrangler_speaker_01.jpg

Tombstone tweeters on the dash are getting removed and going back into the dash.

Soundbar is supposedly "tuned" and supposedly sounds a lot better.

I'll keep this thread updated as I find the info.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Interesting. No Crystal Granite.

I think they would have been better off putting the sub under a seat (hell, the center console wouldn't be bad either since it doesn't have much room anyway.) Having it out in the open like that, especially with the top off, just means it will act like a catch basin for rain and other crap. I am glad that they are dropping the tweeters into the dash and tuning the sound bar. The tweeters pretty much get blocked anyway by most aftermarket cages.

Any other major dash changes? I had heard a rumor that Wranglers would be going to a larger nav unit (the same one in some other Jeep models.)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The old TJ's had the sub in the center console and it worked okay. I understand why they want to get rid of it from it's existing location but put have to agree with you Sharkey that putting it in the cubby like that is a mistake. I mean, sure, the cubby was always useless anyway being that you'd always put stuff on top of it making it impossible to access but, it's always been a catch for water and don't think electronic equipment get along with that too well.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Interesting. No Crystal Granite.

I think they would have been better off putting the sub under a seat (hell, the center console wouldn't be bad either since it doesn't have much room anyway.) Having it out in the open like that, especially with the top off, just means it will act like a catch basin for rain and other crap. I am glad that they are dropping the tweeters into the dash and tuning the sound bar. The tweeters pretty much get blocked anyway by most aftermarket cages.

Any other major dash changes? I had heard a rumor that Wranglers would be going to a larger nav unit (the same one in some other Jeep models.)

As I said, the colors are not 100% confirmed but supposedly crystal granite is a top seller, and is supposed to return.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
The old TJ's had the sub in the center console and it worked okay. I understand why they want to get rid of it from it's existing location but put have to agree with you Sharkey that putting it in the cubby like that is a mistake. I mean, sure, the cubby was always useless anyway being that you'd always put stuff on top of it making it impossible to access but, it's always been a catch for water and don't think electronic equipment get along with that too well.

Supposedly, the entire unit is completely sealed, and from the photo, it *appears* the subwoofer itself has some sort of plexi over it or something. The annoying thing is the sub isn't round, so it would be impossible to upgrade it to a better unit.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Oh, and one guy that works at the factory seems to have leaked that all this stuff is backwards compatible, meaning, you 2012-2014 peeps can "upgrade" to this stuff...however, Im sure the dash (for the tweeters) would be quite the project.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Hmmm? Hello Plum Crazy. :brows:

It really is a sexy sexy color (my local dealer had a challenger in it with awesome lighting) Im just not 100% sure the wrangler can carry it...maybe with appropriate mods...I do know that in Sahara trim (body color fenders) and a color hardtop, it would be a little much me thinks.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug

My wife's CRV (as most honda products) has that little BS plastic sub (bose style) under the seat, and while it sucks compared to a real sound system (like a Grand Cherokee Summit) or an aftermarket system, it's a lot better than the OEM wrangler sub. For me personally, I like that little storage space. Great for some spare tools, tire puncture kit, etc....I'd rather give up that corner in the current JKs than that floor cubby...but that's just me.

MTG

Caught the Bug
It really is a sexy sexy color (my local dealer had a challenger in it with awesome lighting) Im just not 100% sure the wrangler can carry it...maybe with appropriate mods...I do know that in Sahara trim (body color fenders) and a color hardtop, it would be a little much me thinks.

It would be for my wife and I've already planned out how I would build it (colors and all). :thumb:

I might just go get knuckles wrapped in purple if we don't buy another jeep. :shock:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
It would be for my wife and I've already planned out how I would build it (colors and all). :thumb:

I might just go get knuckles wrapped in purple if we don't buy another jeep. :shock:

Just buy one, after all it's only money right.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Interesting pic of tank green....

attachment.php

Color accuracy not 100% accurate. :D

ghostryder

Oh, and one guy that works at the factory seems to have leaked that all this stuff is backwards compatible, meaning, you 2012-2014 peeps can "upgrade" to this stuff...however, Im sure the dash (for the tweeters) would be quite the project.

tweeters on the dash as in different than where they are on my 2014?

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
It's a Wrangler....how about a DELETE option for the subwoofer?

I would have never bought a wrangler if it was still TJ like. For me, it's mostly a daily driver and a weekend warrior, and I can't have a rig equipped like an Egyptian prison bathroom for driving everyday. I need a vehicle to be comfortable, otherwise, it becomes unbearable on the street.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Ok, pics of the 2015 tweeter setup.....the tombstones are gone, but they are still at the top of the dash, nice and flat, and it seems like it would be easier to swap out aftermarket tweeters than doing surgery on the tombstones.

2015_Wrangler_speaker_02.jpg

Supposedly the dash texture has changed...and it is smoother....I like the 2011+ texture, but I guess we'll see.

Now, if you look at the photo, you'll notice that it is "strategically" cropped...possibly hiding a new centerstack....possibly with the Chrysler 8.4" from the Cherokee and the GC. Stay tuned!

Last edited:
Top Bottom