Freeway Ridge May 20

Woody3

We will meet at the trailhead at 0900 and hit the trail at 0930.

This is a birthday run for LoonyToon :) Happy birthday my friend!!!

Depending on how long it takes us we may eat lunch on the trail.

Going:
1. Woody3
2. Loony Toon
3. Butch
4. Serg5000

Maybe:
1. Heholua

Keep your head low and your powder dry.

Last edited:

Looney Tune

This is close to home so I guess I will see about going...go ahead and put me down :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
Where exactly is freeway ridge? I keep looking for something resembling trails on my way thru town and over Tehachapi but like Schultz, "I zee nuthing".

Woody3

Where exactly is freeway ridge? I keep looking for something resembling trails on my way thru town and over Tehachapi but like Schultz, "I zee nuthing".

I'm not very tech savvy so I don't know how to do a drop pin location for you. This is the best I've got for ya.

near California 178

Sequoia National Forest

Bodfish, CA 93205

The trailhead is just north of 178 behind a cattle fence/gate.

I'm not very tech savvy so I don't know how to do a drop pin location for you. This is the best I've got for ya.

near California 178

Sequoia National Forest

Bodfish, CA 93205

The trailhead is just north of 178 behind a cattle fence/gate.

That's an area I haven't explored yet, no wonder it didn't ring a bell. That and the name of course.

Butch

On the GPS numbers I was wondering what format most like. I normally use UTM. In the other format you have to choose between min. sec.and so on. Just curious.

rockcrawler26

I use UTM while hunting and when I used to do search and rescue because it was much more accurate. But helicopter pilots will only use Lat/Long so if you ever got stranded you need to know how to switch it back.

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Butch

Luckily my unit does the switch. I also found UTM is much easier to plot on a topo map. Glad I'm not the only one. Thanks rockcrawler26

Top Bottom