Supercharger or Hemi conversion?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
LS swap is what I'd say.
Then HEMI
Then supercharger

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

x2 on this. an LS swap thru motech would be the way to go. we all know eddie had some issues with their kit but he said it has been resolved so that no one else should have an issue.

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
I wouldn't even install a supercharger when it was offered to me on two separate occasions by two different manufacturers. Just not worth it.

I was debating superchargers a few weeks ago to avoid the conversion costs. This forum steered me away from the SC (thanks). When these guys opened my eyes and I did some real asking around, there were more than a few supercharger JK owners that told me privately that they regretted the install or that it didnt yield the level of performance that they were hoping for. Obviously this is anectdotal information based from 3rd party testimony so you can take it with a grain of salt, but the $6-7K associated with a SC could be better applied to axles or other build items or get you a portion of the way down the road to a conversion.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I was debating superchargers a few weeks ago to avoid the conversion costs. This forum steered me away from the SC (thanks). When these guys opened my eyes and I did some real asking around, there were more than a few supercharger JK owners that told me privately that they regretted the install or that it didnt yield the level of performance that they were hoping for.

If you ever get a chance to visit a place like Motech or Turnkey, you will see a rows of motors that have been pulled from JK's and most of which that had super chargers installed on them.

bigtrucker52

If you ask me, with the two options you gave and if i can only choose between those two, i'd go with the hemi. Bigger engine and a whole lot more power than you'd get with a supercharger on the stock engine and possiby even better gas mileage. But i'd suggest you look into the Cummins 4bt conversion if you want the best all around choice especially if you go offroad alot. It's got about the same amount of power as the stock engine but about 3-400 ft-lbs of torque which is great for offroad and the gas mileage js twice as good and you can do so much with diesel to get better power, torque, and gas mileage for a lot cheaper than with a gas engine

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
I was debating superchargers a few weeks ago to avoid the conversion costs. This forum steered me away from the SC (thanks). When these guys opened my eyes and I did some real asking around, there were more than a few supercharger JK owners that told me privately that they regretted the install or that it didnt yield the level of performance that they were hoping for. Obviously this is anectdotal information based from 3rd party testimony so you can take it with a grain of salt, but the $6-7K associated with a SC could be better applied to axles or other build items or get you a portion of the way down the road to a conversion.

I have been in only a RIPP equipped JKU, and here's my take, and I've been boosting random vehicles for years....it was great....it was everything I expected it to be....tons of fun doing highway pulls, will smoke a stock JK (and probably V8 ones as well) all day on the highway, chirping 35s was fun, etc...exactly what I was expecting....but that's only part 1.....part 2 is...like most superchargers, nothing happens down low...at slow speeds and low rpms, it's just like stock, maybe a few ponies less since the engine is still spinning the blower....it would be completely worthless offroad other than climbing sand dunes at full throttle or something like that. For the amount of money it costs, and for what offroaders want, it simply doesn't do anything. If your jeep is a mallcrawler, then I guess for street use it's fun....but to give you extra power on the trail? Nada. I really hope AEV will start doing 3.0 CRD conversions....my dad just picked up a Diesel GC, and that thing pulls like a train.

barno92

I recently put a sprintex supercharger on my jku. It definitely has some low end pull that wasn't there before but I would look into other options if I could do it all over again. There has been quite a few issues with the installation and Sprintex basically wants nothing to do with helping so I would certainly buy elsewhere if your thinking of a supercharger. I did get the kit for $2300 so that wasn't so bad. You get what ya pay for lol. If any of you guys are in the philly area you are more than welcome to drive it just PM me.

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
No substitute for cubic inches. Nuff said. I've stayed away from spending much time in an LS or Hemi conversion 'cause I'd have to do it.
350.jpg

Top Bottom